Longtime Cat Staff, New Here...

Piparskeggr

Cat butler, cook and custodian.
Kitten
Purraise
Good evening y'all;

Owned by cats since birth (Miss Lily, who was my mom's cat and was 6 years older than me).

The came Babycat in 1962, Tiger in 1967 and my 1st rescue, Miss Tunafish in July 1978.

My wife and I adopted our 1st 2 as man and wife in February 1983, Queen Victoria and Calamity Jane (the Grey Sisters). Have had April Dancer, Cerridwen Blythe, Silver Kestrel, Hildiekatt Halfshadow, Chesapeake since (all are over the Rainbow).

Currently staff to 3; Miss Teia Honey who will be 21 at Summer Solstice, Sir Thomas Cooper (4 on 27 May) and Lord Buffingham Tyger (4 on 12 June). All 3 are rescues. Some folks in the rescue community know me as Uncle Pip.

I work retail, been following my wife's career (she's an aircraft test engineer) since we wed in June 82. We're currently in southern Maryland, both of us were born in western Massachusetts.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dad was a flight test engineer for vought/LYV. I'm fact,I was born when he was stationed at Patuxant river doing testing for Vought. I followed him into aviation as an AE in the NAVY. Betcha your wife is one smart woman,lucky you! Smart women rule!

And you have had some lucky cats,too. Obviously,you are a man who has lived cats since birth. Betting you spoil them with love as much as I spoil mine. Welcome to the forum.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
AA12160C-DD89-4AC7-A90D-A4E39CE14C61.jpeg
Piparskeggr, Teia Honey, Sir Thomas Cooper and Lord Buffinham Tyger, on behalf of The Catsite community,
A403CFE0-466D-486B-B559-1DAC97400BED.gif
to all of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Do show us photos of your kitties!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise
My dad was a flight test engineer for vought/LYV. I'm fact,I was born when he was stationed at Patuxant river doing testing for Vought. I followed him into aviation as an AE in the NAVY. Betcha your wife is one smart woman,lucky you! Smart women rule!

And you have had some lucky cats,too. Obviously,you are a man who has lived cats since birth. Betting you spoil them with love as much as I spoil mine. Welcome to the forum.
We are indeed at Pax River. My wife has a real passion for Test, and is a very smart cookie.
She's working on the EF-18 growler program right now.

WE never had children, and the cats are not a replacement,BUT Yes, they are spoiled.:biggrin:

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise
The ginger boy is Lord Buffingham Tyger, calling name Buff, who was born the second week of June 2014.
The greybie boy is Sir Thomas Cooper, calling name Cooper, who was born the last week of May 2014.

They were born into a horrible, ongoing hoarding situation on Manada Street in Harrisburg, PA. Buff and Cooper were among the 1st 5 of over 200 kittens and cats that have been saved since their rescue on 29 June 2014. The rescuers have also buried 4 dozen other kittens and cats who didn't survive.

We adopted them on 19 October 2014 from the lady who fostered them after rescue (and has continue to foster rescuees from this and other situations in the area).

I fell in love with them from their pictures on Facebook, and supported the rescue effort with such resources as I could afford. They caught my heart as just a couple weeks before seeing the post about the hoarding situation and initial rescue, we had lost our 3rd beloved kitty in 2 years (2 to lymphoma and 1 to a congenital heart defect).

They are still a bit shy, especially Cooper, but are loving, active, healthy little boy cats.

Piparskeggr

Kitten
Purraise
Here is the semi-famous Miss Teia Honey, known worldwide by y correspondents on several forums.

As best we can tell, she was born near the Summer Solstice in 1997. Her previous people rescued her from the street in June 1999, from a neighbor kid who had caught her and popped both of her shoulders. He was about to do something worse, when George (the fellow from whom we adopted her) stopped him. George got her fully vetted including spaying) and, essentially, gave her a safe haven in his house. George and his family made no effort to socialize her.

We adopted her in June 2009 when financial difficulties caused George and family to lose their house, and they truly had no way to keep her. When I heard her story, I knew an adult, semi-feral, would stand no chance at the county shelter. I told my wife (who was friends with george's sister), that I could work with Teia and help her learn to trust people.

Patient, persistent kindness. It took almost a year before she let us pick her up for the first time. After a few months she no longer hid all the time. But she did keep to our spare bedroom 95% of the time. After about a year, she started eating in the hallway outside the bedroom and did not mind when Hildiekatt wanted to eat near her.

She now hides only when Strangers are in the house (that being any other human). However, she still surprises us. had a repairman from the cable company replacing our cable modem early last year, and she sat on the couch watching him the entire time. Our best friends came over a few months ago and Teia actually let them pet her.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Buff and Cooper are such handsome boys, and Teia is so beautiful! They all look very sweet.
:lovecat: :lovecat: :lovecat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:
Miss Teia Honey, Sir Thomas Cooper and Lord Buffingham Tyger are all beautiful. Thanks for rescuing them. :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful fur family! Thank you for rescuing these wonderful cats. I shudder to think what would have happened to them if not for you, and your friend who first rescued Miss Tiea. You and those like you are the reason I am able to keep hope for the world alive.