Long time lurker, first time poster

angharad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I adopted my calico in June and have been reading these forums for advice ever since! My family had cats growing up, but this is my first time as an adult cat owner, and I've really found these forums helpful in starting out right.

Splendid is 6-7 y.o. and was 19.2 pounds on adoption day!  My vet had her on Science Diet's weight loss food at first, but once I knew better, I switched her over to a mix of the only wet food she'll eat (Sheba) twice a day and Wellness CORE dry food from a timed feeder once a day while I'm at work.  Splen is only down about half a pound so far, but I'm hoping she just keeps steadily losing 3 ounces a week as she has been for the past month or so (that loss has only occured since I hit on the combo of Sheba and Wellness).

She seems happy living with me, and I adore her. I'm aiming to keep her healthy while she slowly loses several pounds and then lives out the rest of her life with me as a svelte beauty!  

She's really a sweetheart - she loves people and even runs to the door to greet anyone coming in.

This one really gives you a good idea of Splen's size - at 18.6 pounds, she is not an itty bitty kitty!

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Mocha was 14 pounds when I adopted her about 2 months ago. I switched her to mostly wet food too, and she seems to be trimming down a little. Welcome, and best wishes! :)

Last edited:

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Wow a beautiful baby, love her color and her eyes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angharad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome!! She is a beautiful girl. I love her eyes.
Thank you! Her eyes are really what drew me in - they're so green.
My Mocha was 14 pounds when I adopted her about 2 months ago. I switched her to mostly wet food too, and she seems to be trimming down a little. Welcome, and best wishes!
Thank you! Adding wet for Splen really seemed to help her as well.  I dream of the day Splen is only 14 pounds! 

Welcome to TCS!

Wow a beautiful baby, love her color and her eyes!
Thanks!  Her coloring is great.  I should get a pic someday of how the back of her head is split exactly in half, in a straight line, between the black and the orange. 

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a cute little chub-o-love! I love Calico's and Torties - their colors!

Welcome. I'm new as well. :)

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're very welcome, please take more pics if you can.  :-)

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that picture just makes me laugh... what a chunk... and that expression.  :D  Best of luck to you both and looking forward to seeing more photos as your beautiful little lady begins to slim down a bit.  (I can just see her with her little sweat bands and gym shorts on... )