Little pink growth on top of cat paw.

GazzaDodge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
While I have to wait to get my cat checked in the vet, I’m curious what anyone thinks or knows about this seemingly soft pink tiny growth that is on top of my five year old males paw. I noticed it before a couple months ago but thought maybe it was his claw poking out of his fur but now I looked closer and I’m not sure.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think it's a claw, not in the right position, but you should be able to feel if there is a claw attached to it. If it hasn't always been there, then it must be sometjhing else. Does he bite at it or has it g rown in any way?

Perhaps if you don't already have a Vet appointment scheduled, you could send a clearer picture of it to them and tell them everything you know about it (changing, bothersome to the cat, etc.) and see if they think they should see him.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does it feel like a growth or a bubble? It could be a tumor. A previous cat of mine had a benign trichoblastoma tumor on the top of his paw which the vet surgically removed. Get a close up clear picture of the growth and email it to the vet. The vet will want to see the growth in person and do a biopsy to determine what it is and best course of treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GazzaDodge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I hope it’s benign. I’d take years off my own life just to make him live longer.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The growth on my cat looked like a little pink jelly bean. It was kind of squishy to the touch. I don't have any pictures of it. As long as your cat isn't bothering it, don't worry until you can get the cat to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GazzaDodge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does it feel like a growth or a bubble? It could be a tumor. A previous cat of mine had a benign trichoblastoma tumor on the top of his paw which the vet surgically removed. Get a close up clear picture of the growth and email it to the vet. The vet will want to see the growth in person and do a biopsy to determine what it is and best course of treatment.
The growth on my cat looked like a little pink jelly bean. It was kind of squishy to the touch. I don't have any pictures of it. As long as your cat isn't bothering it, don't worry until you can get the cat to the vet.
Thank you!