Litterbox Problems

jennied_72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone!
I am new to this group and have very much enjoyed what I have read thus far and am now seeking some advisement. Our lovely cat Charlie has been an indoor cat since we brought him home. This past summer, however, he has been heading outside anytime the door is open. We live in a very rural area which is safe during the day, and he is now in and out all day and always in at night. We are now faced with a new problem that he will no longer use the litterbox when in the house, despite the fact that it is very tidy and not been moved. He is never out for more than an hour or two and always wants to come back in, but is blatantly refusing to use the litterbox. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is this normal? What can I do as I am now finding his business all over our home when he is in the house. Worth noting, he is very loving when in the house with us as this is his preference, no stress and well fed and loved. Please advise as I am losing patience with the behavior while raising three kids, our dog and chickens!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry Charlie has started having litter box issues. How old is he? And is he neutered?