litter box ideas?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My puddle poop guy has started not going all the way in to his litter box. Getting at least half outside the box.
Any ideas on how to make him mice that extra inch inside?
He gets all 4 paws in.
There is never a mess in the box because I have gotten to even setting up a freaking Blink camera on the boxes so I clean after every time he uses it.
It's actually a huge Rubbermaid like tote created to be a litter box. And he has 2 giant ones! I'm at a loss.
Thanks for any that might have gone through this with tips.:(

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Probably need more details in order to offer suggestions, like what is going on that is causing a 'puddle' poop issue to begin with. How is the Rubbermaid box constructed - enter from long side or short side, how big is entry, and so on? Does he pee inside the box OK?

For now, until you can get it figured out lay a puppy pee pad at the entry point to collect whatever doesn't make it inside the box.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, grab that pee pad, catch the problem, so to speak, and don't be afraid to load us up with the details. When trying to solve cat issues, there is no such thing as TMI!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's young right? How old is he again?
Have you found a good you've been able to keep him on for 6 weeks straight? I'm wondering if having to change all the foods around for a time has upset his tummy.

He might just not be making it the whole way, or he might have some litterbox aversion from the constant issues. You might need a different box or litter to encourage use.

Either way the pee pads should help catch what's up.