Letting me know he's behind the door...

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another funny picture of Willy that I haven't posted yet 😂

He used to be extremely annoying while I was trying to work from home, even after spending lots of time playing with him. Sometimes I had to take my computer into my bedroom, close the door, and work in there for a few hours.

After yowling from the other side of the door, he would stick one foot through the crack on the floor, wave it around a little bit, and then hold it there...

This picture was taken while he was just holding it there, not moving. He would do that for 10+ minutes at a time.

Sometimes I'd play with him when he was doing that, like take a crumpled sheet of paper and let him swipe it a few times through the door crack. 😂

When I was done working, and I opened the door, he'd immediately sprint away from me.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sproinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!* game misconduct game misconduct :insertevillaugh::wow:
That's so funny, cmshap cmshap -- I know it may not seem so to you, but this just hasn't happened to me, ever, through a big cat family and now in a one-cat family! Many of my cats, including Elvis, love to be near me in my office, on my lap, in the cat tunnel, on the weight bench, on the seat beside me, under the desk...but they never bother me while I'm working! I call them my assistants, because they make my work time so much happier and more comfortable! and I snorgle and talk to him (them) from time to time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of my cats, including Elvis, love to be near me in my office, on my lap, in the cat tunnel, on the weight bench, on the seat beside me, under the desk...but they never bother me while I'm working! I call them my assistants, because they make my work time so much happier and more comfortable!
Don't get me wrong, I love when he gives me attention and spends time on my lap. He has always been a lap-cat and I feel lucky for that.

But in the past, I would be dealing with semi-high-pressure situations for work. Nothing like life-or-death, my job isn't nearly that important... but I'd be trying to fix a problem while somebody was unable to work, and was waiting on me to get it fixed so that they could work. And many times, those people were my superiors. So I really needed to focus, and Willy would be climbing all over me, meowing in my face, bunting my arms as I was trying to type, etc.

There were just some times where I couldn't stand it, regardless of how much I love him.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you should be happy he hasnt found that door stop spring to mess with yet or thats all yu would hear is that srping sound of himmessing with it :lol:
I actually don't have one of those (this is an old apartment building), but he'd have found it if I did have one. Before he'd hold his foot there like that, he'd always swipe around for a bit to see if he could feel anything. Then he'd sit there like that. 😂

While also, of course, announcing his presence vocally at first.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me wrong, I love when he gives me attention and spends time on my lap. He has always been a lap-cat and I feel lucky for that.

But in the past, I would be dealing with semi-high-pressure situations for work. Nothing like life-or-death, my job isn't nearly that important... but I'd be trying to fix a problem while somebody was unable to work, and was waiting on me to get it fixed so that they could work. And many times, those people were my superiors. So I really needed to focus, and Willy would be climbing all over me, meowing in my face, bunting my arms as I was trying to type, etc.

There were just some times where I couldn't stand it, regardless of how much I love him.
Coder? Tech support? Yeah, I can understand. We all have our stressful times. I've had to shut the office door at times like that (I work at/from home). Fortunately, Elvis understands.
IMG_2038.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2432 (1).JPG

ELVIS: The CEO/COO/CFO. He runs the whole show.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coder? Tech support? Yeah, I can understand. We all have our stressful times. I've had to shut the office door at times like that (I work at/from home). Fortunately, Elvis understands.
Yes! IT for small businesses.
Before, it was in-house IT for a permanent employer. Now, it is independent consulting for small businesses.

As it sounds like you know, when people have IT problems, they want them fixed NOW!

Willy always seems to get jealous whenever I am handling keys (whether a computer keyboard, or a piano), and NEEDS to position himself between me and the evil keys. 😂