legit ways to make money online?

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I already have survey junkie , does anyone know any other sites like that to make some side money; that you've actually cashed out from?

I'm currently waiting until I can take a ride out to the city but not sure when that will be possible. so I'm looking for anything at all to make extra money until I can get a job. It would be nice to not stress so much about feeding specter, even if its 2$ from surveys or whatnot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PineCone Research
PaidViewpoint
Swagbucks

I have been with all 3 for many years and have never NOT gotten paid. Pinecone Research doesn't always take new members and you have to apply.
Thank you!! Def going to sign up for all three. Heard of swagbucks but alot of these sites are fake so I figured I'd ask before googling, thank you again

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you!! Def going to sign up for all three. Heard of swagbucks but alot of these sites are fake so I figured I'd ask before googling, thank you again
You're welcome. I really like Paidviewpoint. They don't pay much on surveys until you get to the highest tier which is 10,000. Most surveys give you .10 which is not much of course but once you get to the top, some surveys lead to longer ones depending on your answers and those pay more. Some surveys from Pinecone Research and PVP lead to product tests as well. They send you a full sized product which you keep and they pay you for a follow up survey. PCR pays $3 per survey. Both pay by Paypal if you wish which is what I do. I let my amounts build up on all 3 and use them if something out of the ordinary comes up. Right now I have $410 sitting on my Swagbucks account, $140 on PCR and $85 on PVP. Swagbucks has different ways of earning SB. Surveys have been the best for me although I haven't really been doing many lately. SB lets you buy things with the bucks. I have only used them for gift cards in the past. If you're looking to get actual cash for them, go for the Paypal GC and you transfer the amount to your account and from their to your bank account to bay bills, etc. MANY members do this. Like I said, I have NEVER not been paid by any of them and would not recommend to you if they were anything less than 100% legit. You also get SB if you refer other AND they sign up.

Another thing I use and LOVE which I forgot to mention yesterday ( I was at work and had to keep it quick- sorry) is Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates). I LOVE THEM. I shop online for many things and never buy anything before checking if they participate in the cash back program. It's easy. Go to rakuten.com and search for the store- example Ulta. They will tell you that Ulta is giving 6% cash back (the amount varies). Go to the Ulta website using the link on Rakuten and shop as normal. Once you complete the purchase, you will get an email from Rakuten (of course you have to sign up) telling you your cash back from your Ulta purchase will be processed in the next day or so. SO many stores, sites, etc use them and you really do get the money. I use it for things I'd be buying anyway so it really helps. I've gotten cash back from rental cars, hotel stays, buying cat food, etc, etc, etc. They pay quarterly and it goes directly to my Paypal without me having to do a thing. From there, I transfer it to my bank account. They have also always paid without fail. They also give you a $10 gift card to one of many popular stores when you sign up and use the site to make a purchase of $25 I believe. As you can see they pay for referrals who sign up too. This is a screen shot from my account dashboard. Not bad when you consider that these are purchases I would have made anyway.

1583615301251.png

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had no luck with paid surveys. I rarely qualify for the survey. I do, however, use ReceiptPal and Fetch Rewards. I have only been using them since right before the winter holidays, but I have gotten a few gift cards. In fact, the next date my husband and I go on that is to the movies, it will be free. You just take pictures of your receipts and get credit for them.

They also pay for referrals.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing survey junkie and am lucky to qualify for one out of every 15 surveys that I try. I'm also doing swagbucks and have several gift cards from them; I just take gift cards to Amazon, since I use it all the time anyway.

I think it became harder once I retired. I don't think surveys are geared all that much toward retired people.

I really need to sign up for Rakuten. I've been wanting to and never get around to it.

Is it true that, once you've made $600 or more in one year, that you have to turn it in for tax purposes?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it true that, once you've made $600 or more in one year, that you have to turn it in for tax purposes?
If it is for surveys, yes, you would have to claim it no matter what the amount is. You may or may not get a 1099 MISC from the company depending on how much it is. All earned income has to be claimed, no matter the amount, even if you do not end up paying taxes on it in the end. If it is for rebates, you do not, as it is not "earned" money.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing I use and LOVE which I forgot to mention yesterday ( I was at work and had to keep it quick- sorry) is Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates). I LOVE THEM. I shop online for many things and never buy anything before checking if they participate in the cash back program. It's easy. Go to rakuten.com and search for the store- example Ulta. They will tell you that Ulta is giving 6% cash back (the amount varies). Go to the Ulta website using the link on Rakuten and shop as normal. Once you complete the purchase, you will get an email from Rakuten (of course you have to sign up) telling you your cash back from your Ulta purchase will be processed in the next day or so. SO many stores, sites, etc use them and you really do get the money. I use it for things I'd be buying anyway so it really helps. I've gotten cash back from rental cars, hotel stays, buying cat food, etc, etc, etc. They pay quarterly and it goes directly to my Paypal without me having to do a thing. From there, I transfer it to my bank account. They have also always paid without fail. They also give you a $10 gift card to one of many popular stores when you sign up and use the site to make a purchase of $25 I believe. As you can see they pay for referrals who sign up too. This is a screen shot from my account dashboard. Not bad when you consider that these are purchases I would have made anyway.

View attachment 325452
Have you ever checked the price on the item through its own site instead of the Rakuten link? I've been wondering if you buy through Raduten, then they will add the 6% to your price. I can't see how they are making any money if they don't. If they do add the 6%, then you are only getting your own money back.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever checked the price on the item through its own site instead of the Rakuten link? I've been wondering if you buy through Raduten, then they will add the 6% to your price. I can't see how they are making any money if they don't. If they do add the 6%, then you are only getting your own money back.
They do not. They make money through their partnerships with the companies they promote. They get people to buy from them. The prices are exactly the same. I have gone to a site, found something I wanted/needed to buy and then went to the same site through thir link and bought it to get the cash back.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Opinions4Good is the best survey site )I've been with. They are tied with a non-profit partner, and you have to give a certain percentage to the charity (25-100%, depending on how charitable you feel). The amount is pretty decent for many surveys though. I haven't done it in a long time just for lack of time, but now with coronavirus furlough causing all the cancellations I've been getting, I definitely need to supplement my income.