Leaving Aya with friend for 16 Days

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In about 6 hours I will be depositing Aya at my friend Meaghan's house. She's kindly agreed to watch my small furry holy terror. She was a little love bug over the weekend after getting pissed at me for being gone all Friday. I'm sad already...

bridget

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes it is very hard. I hate leaving my animals. At least you have someone you trust to care for her.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, you'll miss her, yes, but she'll have fun hopefully. Like a kitty vacation! It's easier when you can leave your cat with someone you know and trust. Can your friend email you updates and pics while you're away?

BF and I went to England for 10 days in November, and we decided to bring Genever to our friend's house (her 'Uncle Scott'). I had no idea how she'd be, if she'd hide under the bed or something, but she settled in right away, we ordered a pizza and hung out for a bit to make sure she'd be ok, and she just kind of took over the sofa and chilled out with us. I think she was sad to have to come back home actually!! Scott's got a nice house with ample window watching spaces, much cooler than our small apartment. Heh, kind of like visiting the grandparents where you get to run around and have all kinds of new fun, then you have to go back home. Boring!! But then again, Genever is mega adaptable.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Have a safe and fun trip, and don't worry too much about Aya, and be sure to write down instructions and phone numbers for your friend. All should go smoothly.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went out west in 1990 for two weeks. My dad lived out back so he came over two times a day to feed Betsy. He turned on the A/C for her in the mornings and turned it off at night. My best friend had a house key and she would stop in and visit my cat. I called home and talked to her on the answer machine which we had at the time. She got along well, but was super glad to see us when we got home. Since then the same friend has come and stayed in my house while we were gone. There is always a way to manage these cats, but it is easier when you have someone taking care of them that you trust. Once I left Betsy and a friend was supposed to be feeding etc. When we came home , the water bowl was dry. I didn't ask that person anymore.