Leaving A Siamese Cat Home While On Vacation

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new baby girl is a one year-old siamese/tabby mix. She is extremely affectionate and even though it's only been a week since I brought her home she's already bonded with me. I have left her home alone during the day several times now and she does fine, but I will be going away for 4 nights next month and I'm a bit worried about how she will do. I have already planned for her to be visited 3 times during the day and my visitors will spend time playing with her and just being with her, but she will be alone overnight. I guess I'm just hoping for someone to tell me that she will be okay..? Everything I hear about Siamese cats is that they can't be left alone for a long period of time but I'm hoping having someone visit her 3 times a day should be enough? I don't have anyone who can spend the night.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you introduced toys, electronic, real fur mice, kicky toys, food puzzles et al to your meezer baby?
With that and visits, I'll bet she'll be fine :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I do have lots of toys for her. Thanks, I guess she will be fine. I just worry a lot because she’s very attached to me. But she doesn’t seem to show any signs of separation anxiety when I leave the house.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Probably by the second night, she'll be like, ok where's my person? But they're incredibly resilient and when you get back, after figuring out all your new smells she will likely be just fine and will settle back into whatever routine you have.
I LOVE hearing about fast bondings - I hope you two have a very long and enjoyable life filled with love !! :redheartpump:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I do have lots of toys for her. Thanks, I guess she will be fine. I just worry a lot because she’s very attached to me. But she doesn’t seem to show any signs of separation anxiety when I leave the house.
If she's attached to you, I'd recommend leaving several 'recently-worn-not-washed-yet' t-shirts and socks of yours around for her to cuddle with, so she can have your smell near her while you are gone. She'll have company during the day but will still miss you! Four nights might seem a long time to her but I'm sure she'll be fine.

My first kitten was a Siamese/tabby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I really like the shirt idea. She is such a sweetheart, she purrs and licks me every time I’m close to her, I don’t think she has a mean bone in her body. And she’s crazy smart too. I’m falling in love with Siamese cats, but especially her. :catrub:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new baby girl is a one year-old siamese/tabby mix. She is extremely affectionate and even though it's only been a week since I brought her home she's already bonded with me. I have left her home alone during the day several times now and she does fine, but I will be going away for 4 nights next month and I'm a bit worried about how she will do. I have already planned for her to be visited 3 times during the day and my visitors will spend time playing with her and just being with her, but she will be alone overnight. I guess I'm just hoping for someone to tell me that she will be okay..? Everything I hear about Siamese cats is that they can't be left alone for a long period of time but I'm hoping having someone visit her 3 times a day should be enough? I don't have anyone who can spend the night.[/QUOTE She sounds irresistible.Three times a day is very good for the visits. It is too bad that there isn't someone to spend nights with her, but as long as she has safe, warm, inviting place(s) to sleep, she should do well. It sounds like you've planned well for her. I don't travel any more, because when I did, I was too concerned about my cats back home. So I can understand your feelings! Let us know how it all goes, won't you? (And we'd love to see pix!) One thing: There is a little plush cat you can buy that has a computerized "heart" you can turn on. It makes quite a natural sound, and my Snowshoe kitten really loved hers. I put it in a cat bed, and she'd curl up in there with her "friend." Here is one that's similar on amazon: . Let me see if I can find a picture of Seesh and her "friend":
IMG_0982.JPG

*The first one I found was this one of Tiny Sahra with the "friend".*

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds irresistible.Three times a day is very good for the visits. It is too bad that there isn't someone to spend nights with her, but as long as she has safe, warm, inviting place(s) to sleep, she should do well. It sounds like you've planned well for her. I don't travel any more, because when I did, I was too concerned about my cats back home. So I can understand your feelings! Let us know how it all goes, won't you? (And we'd love to see pix!) One thing: There is a little plush cat you can buy that has a computerized "heart" you can turn on. It makes quite a natural sound, and my Snowshoe kitten really loved hers. I put it in a cat bed, and she'd curl up in there with her "friend". I think there might be a review of this here on TCS. Let me see if I can find a picture of Seesh and her "friend": ...
This is a great idea! I remember I used a gently ticking clock placed near my kitty last year when she had to be crated for a while (I set it outside the crate yet near the position of her cat bed). I think there is something about that regular "beating" sound that is very calming for a cat.
:redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great idea! I remember I used a gently ticking clock placed near my kitty last year when she had to be crated for a while (I set it outside the crate yet near the position of her cat bed). I think there is something about that regular "beating" sound that is very calming for a cat.
:redheartpump:
It is a great comfort for some cats. I found a similar one here on amazon:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason, the hyperlinks are not posting. But it's a SmartPet cat with "beating heart" and you should be able to find it under that name on amazon.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(If you use an adblocker, amazon links won't show up as their image links... but you can temporarily --or permanently!-- disable the adblocker for this page only --or for TCS as a whitelisted site. The link shows up if you do that!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(If you use an adblocker, amazon links won't show up as their image links... but you can temporarily --or permanently!-- disable the adblocker for this page only --or for TCS as a whitelisted site. The link shows up if you do that!)
TYSM. I'm not a big amazon fan, which must be why I'm just finding this out now.