Laxatone

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was given Laxatone for Emrys. I read the ingredients, and it's basically Vaseline and oil. I'm not sure about giving it to him but at the same time I don't want to delay treating his hairballs.

Any ideas/advice/experiences with Laxatone and a sensitive and picky cat.

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it helps at all, I've found Laxatone to be gentle and effective with my little guy when he gets lightly constipated from overgrooming during shedding season.

He doesn't necessarily want to eat it on his own, but I'll dab a bit of it on his nose, he'll lick it off, realize it tastes good, and then devour the rest. Within a day or two, his poops will be soft and back to normal.

It's definitely not a long-term solution for an animal and doesn't address any underlying problems, but short term I've found it's a fairly easy way to relieve a bout of constipation without causing further GI distress. Petroleum jelly isn't the most natural thing to feed them and I wouldn't necessarily keep an animal on this stuff long term, but in small amounts on a short term basis it can get the job done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it helps at all, I've found Laxatone to be gentle and effective with my little guy when he gets lightly constipated from overgrooming during shedding season.

He doesn't necessarily want to eat it on his own, but I'll dab a bit of it on his nose, he'll lick it off, realize it tastes good, and then devour the rest. Within a day or two, his poops will be soft and back to normal.

It's definitely not a long-term solution for an animal and doesn't address any underlying problems, but short term I've found it's a fairly easy way to relieve a bout of constipation without causing further GI distress. Petroleum jelly isn't the most natural thing to feed them and I wouldn't necessarily keep an animal on this stuff long term, but in small amounts on a short term basis it can get the job done.
Thank you.