Lax-eze products

Gayle R.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female cat, 10+ yrs old, who has bouts of constipation. I read all of the stellar reviews on the allergicpet site regarding Laxeze, and ordered the granules and spray. My cat ran from the food with the granules in it. She ate the food I put the spray on. But the product is useless. Upon reading the full ingredient list, it is apparent they are using psyllium husk and beet pulp and calling it something miraculous. I called her vet and he said not to give it to her. Just add pumpkin to her food. Allergicpet will not stand behind their product and refuses to refund my money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gayle R.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've tried many products. Are you talking about the laxative made for humans?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've tried many products. Are you talking about the laxative made for humans?
Yes. Many members use it religiously. Normally, it is started out at 1/8 tsp mixed with a very small amount of water and then added to the cat food. It can be increased to twice a day, and in some cases - as needed - 1/4 tsp either once or twice a day.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Im one of those who has used it :)
It worked very well for my boy and additionally it has a benefit, as opposed to another product called lactulose, of not drawing moisture from the rest of the body.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I also use Miralax and will add that I tried a psyllium product first, organic, and it did not work effectively, partly because it did not dissolve properly.