Last Survivor Of 3

KenHorse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since 2001, we had 3 cats in our household and they all grew up together. 2 males and 1 female. 1 of the males attached to my wife and the other one attached to me. The female was kinda the odd cat out but she did receive lots of love and attention and tended to spread her affection between the both of us.

In 2015, I had to put my cat down to due the final stages of kidney failure and it broke my heart. However, the female sort of adopted me and pretty much became my cat. About 2 months ago, we had to put my wife's cat down due to a lung tumor. Interestingly, the female then decided to adopt my wife and she's now her cat.

Fickle or?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
To me it's as though your furbaby is helping and sharing in the hurt hearts that you-all have, first with you and then with your wife.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gone from a multiple cat household to a single cat household a couple of times and it is so interesting how the behavior of the remaining cat or cats changes. Sometimes they seems to grow more needy when they have lost their companions but I have also see cats that have perked up and gotten more social when they became an only.

It is so sad to see your cats grow old and pass. I hope that your remaining girl remains strong and healthy for many more years.