Last Night's Excitement

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mods, please move if I'm in the wrong forum.
I apologize if that is the case!

So late last night we're in the kitchen and hear one of our girls scream indignantly, so I go in the next room, and she's in a window, crouched, hair on end. I figured some big human sized wild life is out there so I go to close the window (we open windows from the top, screened.) When I went to close the window I was greeted with a spread eagle cat belly and 4 legs spread hanging onto the screen. I froze a second, girl cat was in her window beside me, staring hatefully up at this intruder. I recognized this cat, a neighbors barn cat that rarely comes here. He's leaped onto the screen, and is just hanging there and enjoying my girl going bat poop. I flick the screen a little to get him to move, he only slides down a step then "hangs out" some more. Girl is super puffy now, she's so puffy her shape in the dim room reminded me of Pusheen, or maybe a football with a covering of electrocuted permed hair.
I flick the screen again. Nothing. Cat won't budge. Girl is 2 seconds away from busting all the blood vessels in her eyeballs so I move her, she rushes off in a pissy huff, and spouse comes in all "WTH is going on?" I step away from the window, turn towards it quickly and let out my best imitation of a screaming cat (which I'm told was terrible), and the cat slides down a few steps and bolts back home. At least it did the job. Go home, bro!

Yep, that counts as "excitement" here.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Mods, please move if I'm in the wrong forum.
I apologize if that is the case!

So late last night we're in the kitchen and hear one of our girls scream indignantly, so I go in the next room, and she's in a window, crouched, hair on end. I figured some big human sized wild life is out there so I go to close the window (we open windows from the top, screened.) When I went to close the window I was greeted with a spread eagle cat belly and 4 legs spread hanging onto the screen. I froze a second, girl cat was in her window beside me, staring hatefully up at this intruder. I recognized this cat, a neighbors barn cat that rarely comes here. He's leaped onto the screen, and is just hanging there and enjoying my girl going bat poop. I flick the screen a little to get him to move, he only slides down a step then "hangs out" some more. Girl is super puffy now, she's so puffy her shape in the dim room reminded me of Pusheen, or maybe a football with a covering of electrocuted permed hair.
I flick the screen again. Nothing. Cat won't budge. Girl is 2 seconds away from busting all the blood vessels in her eyeballs so I move her, she rushes off in a pissy huff, and spouse comes in all "WTH is going on?" I step away from the window, turn towards it quickly and let out my best imitation of a screaming cat (which I'm told was terrible), and the cat slides down a few steps and bolts back home. At least it did the job. Go home, bro!

Yep, that counts as "excitement" here.
I love the way you write! I smile every time! Keep it up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the way you write! I smile every time! Keep it up!
Aw thanks. That made me smile too!
I did call the neighbor today and when they answered (we're good friends, btw) I said "hey, thanks for the excitement late last night" and there was a startled, strangled pause, then "........................what?"
Ha!! So worth it.
I told them about their cat, and we had a good roaring laugh.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Keening works well, too!

A couple years ago, I was taking care of my sister's cats. She has five boys in the house and two girls up in the attic. Well, one of the boys got into the attic when I opened the door and he is not allowed up there. I tried to pick him up and he latched on to my hand....that drew blood.

I knew that if I couldn't get the cat out of the attic, I'd either have to spend the night up there or my sister would have to come home. Either one was not an option. And after he bit my hand, it was starting to hurt. I needed to get that cleaned out.

So I opened my (big) mouth and started keening. At the top of my lungs. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" The cat's ears went down, he got this horrified look on his face, yelled, "I'm outta here!" and took off for the attic door. The two girls took off for parts unknown in the other rooms in the attic. But I got him out.

Cat owners are nothing if not inventive!

But I've never had a neighbor's cat stuck on a screen door!