Last Minute Help 4 Tiny Kitten In Lenanon Tennessee

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, All! A teen ager has a sad situation on her hands- she has rescued a cat and kittens and has been trying to help the runt. Her family leaves for vacation 2moro and she is unsure what to do with the runt. She had been trying 2 supplement him with cows milk from the fridge and has no resources, esp from family.
My only recommendation would to keep the runt with the mom and supplement the stronger kittens with goat milk or kmr. Ideally, it would be best for all the kitties to be placed with a rescue and end this madness. I am in California and feel so helpless......

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no, tell her to stop feeding the baby with cow's milk.
I agree, goats milk or kmr. But the runt will more than likely die if she continues to feed it cows milk, as they are lactose intolerant and it lacks the essential ingredients that can be found in formula or goat's milk
I'm very sad somebody hasn't commented on this yet. I hope the kitten is alright.
I would suggest she use Facebook and find a local sale/trade group and advertise that the kitten needs an expirienced foster. It has saved me several times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for responding, deweyTL. I certainly feel helpless; all I can do is pray for a miracle. I tried offering to buy the mother cat some quality catfood online, in hopes that it would help her milk production, but did not get a response....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know if someone will be feeding the mother cat while the girl and family are on vacation?

How did you connect with this person?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The person is with a foster family and she is my niece's classmate. My niece is visiting CA. The foster family is having cousins watch the animals but the cousins were indifferent as they are all dog people. My niece was able to get one of their mama cats awhile ago so that the cat could be medicated, vaccinated, microchipped,spayed. I think the mother cat to this current baby is my niece's cat's daughter. My sis & her friends have offered to pay for all the girl's cats to be fixed and vaccinated but the foster family got defensive - it is weird. I am praying and praying that those kitties are okay and the people have a change of heart; that girl really loves her cats but is powerless.b

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow - your niece is to be commended for helping those cats.

Sometimes folks get defensive if too much is offered at once. Perhaps advise your niece to offer to take one or two cats at a time for vaccines and spay/neuter.

How many cats are involved?

I would tell your sister and niece not to give up; to keep trying to help the cats. :)