Labour in cats? Pre-labour?

Nova_Storm15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
We’ve recently taken in a pregnant foster from our local shelter who was in desperate need of a home or would of been euthanised :bawling:. We were told that they believed she would of gotten pregnant between the 1st and 8th of may. Of course this may not be accurate!! She’s been settling in well these past few weeks but last night and today she’s been acting a bit different: her tummy looks a bit smaller today and she’s meowing at me sometimes. She’s also seems very unsettled and keeps getting up and moving around. She’s non stop grooming, going to her nest and digging then coming out again and the kittens are going absolutely crazy in her belly :crazy: - basically I’m asking if this is pre labour? Anything I should watch out for?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is very typical late stage/pre-labor pregnant cat behavior. Her hormones are in high gear for the coming event. She sounds very close - perhaps a few days to any day now. Keep us posted! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nova_Storm15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!! Im going to go read them just now!!

Nova_Storm15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is very typical late stage/pre-labor pregnant cat behavior. Her hormones are in high gear for the coming event. She sounds very close - perhaps a few days to any day now. Keep us posted! :)
Oh my it seems surreal now!! Thank you, I hope she pops them out soon bless her. She’s wanting my attention more and non stop diffing in her nest!! I for sure will

Nova_Storm15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE!!

Nova seems to be VERY restless today! She meows a lot and is constantly lying and digging in her nest. I think she lost some mucus last night and this morning. Her belly is also getting really firm and she’s uncomfortable and then it relaxes and she’s a bit more comfortable again - early labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it sounds exactly like labor. You should have kittens within about 24 hours of labor starting. :)