Konnichiwa!

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anybody here speak Japanese? I have many questions that pop into my head an I actually remembered to post this
Anyway, I speak an amount of Japanese, I know more Japanese than I can put into sentences though.

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

丸という猫について知っていますか?

可愛くて、おもしろかったですよ。

(スーパースター !)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in Japan from the time I was 6 until I was 15, but we lived on the Navy base so I didn't have to learn the language fully. I can ask where the bathroom is (toire wa doku desu ka?), how much does it cost (ikura desu ka?), etc. I can read most Hiragana and all Katakana, but since I don't know much I can't tell you what the Hiragana is saying. The Katakana above says "su pa s'ta" which I think means "superstar", though there's always some interpretation that needs to be done, LOL.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've recently been learning it actually. It's one of the harder languages to learn but I've always wanted to learn it. I only know basic stuff so far:

Kon'nichiwa
Sayōnara
Hai
Nashi
I can count to 100
Simple stuff like that.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum, nashi! And I wish I could find an American source for biwa, or whatever they might be called in English. I can find a lot of Japanese candies and stuff at World Market, but there are still a lot of things I miss that can't be found here. Unless I pay a bundle to have it FedExed from Japan, LOL.

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Nashi
Oh, that's different.
I first thought you were talk talking about "kashi"
Or is this the verb form of nai, nashi ?

Personally I prefer my fruit as a liquor (umeshu...), but nashi is also very convenient as a pear with the shape and crunchiness of an apple but the grainy texture and flavor of a pear. A two for oner.