KNOCK IT OFF! Just stop it!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anecdotal to all of this,

I was on the train coming home yesterday, from NYC to NJ.  Some guy behind me was carrying on a very loud conversation on his cell phone and spent 15 minutes blathering about how this past winter we got like "No Snow".  And how he only had to shovel once all winter.

Wut?  Was he locked up in a cave all winter?  Does his property have underground heating elements to make snow melt?  Was he doing so many drugs he forgot?

Seriously this winter was as bad as last year (which was awful) and, far colder I think.  We had snow on our property for a full 2 months straight, which didn't melt entirely until a couple of weeks ago.

While it was less than the previous year (I looked it up, my town got a total of nearly 5' in 2013-2014 and 4' this past winter) it still was a lot!  And I'm pretty sure this winter was far colder.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

same here but I am also looking forward to real spring getting to the northeast so the snowbirds can finally go home. 
Do you mean the people or the actual birds? 

Anecdotal to all of this,

I was on the train coming home yesterday, from NYC to NJ.  Some guy behind me was carrying on a very loud conversation on his cell phone and spent 15 minutes blathering about how this past winter we got like "No Snow".  And how he only had to shovel once all winter.

Wut?  Was he locked up in a cave all winter?  Does his property have underground heating elements to make snow melt?  Was he doing so many drugs he forgot?

Seriously this winter was as bad as last year (which was awful) and, far colder I think.  We had snow on our property for a full 2 months straight, which didn't melt entirely until a couple of weeks ago.

While it was less than the previous year (I looked it up, my town got a total of nearly 5' in 2013-2014 and 4' this past winter) it still was a lot!  And I'm pretty sure this winter was far colder.
  Any chance it was a tourist or someone in town on business?  Testing to see what kinds of reactions he got out of people?  Candid camera? 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Any chance it was a tourist or someone in town on business?  Testing to see what kinds of reactions he got out of people?  Candid camera? 
Candid camera OMG ROFL

Nah, he was a regular commuter.  I could tell because he was also complaining about the rail system in a way that sounded like he took it all the time.

People around here talk too loud on mass transit ALL the time.  It's amazing the intimate details a person will spill in front of strangers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The birds are welcome to stay unless they start grocery shopping and going to restaurants. Then they have to go 

I was thinking the same thing about "no snow" boy. He was probably from somewhere else or someone else does his snow shoveling

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All those chances and STILL no rain! (or enough to count anyway) We are a giant dust bowl! Well, one more chance moving in for tomorrow night, PLEASE, PLEASE give us some rain!!!! If it goes East again I'm going to scream!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a lovely day today. Warm, not hot, with a cool breeze. It was really a lovely day. I wish our summers were like today. Just dreams. It'll be unbearable. So hot. So humid and sticky.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a lovely day today. Warm, not hot, with a cool breeze. It was really a lovely day. I wish our summers were like today. Just dreams. It'll be unbearable. So hot. So humid and sticky.
your summers are exactly like ours. it's the price we pay for having perfect winters.