Kneading Too Much?

telemachus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a boy cat, Telemachus (didn't name him, we call him Telly), who my roommates and I got from friends who's landlord didn't let them keep him. He's 10 years old, neutered, and he's always been a very big chunky boy but also super active and playful. Recently though, he's been kneading my bed and other things like blankets and pillows and it looks like he's masturbating almost, but he will do it for so long and now it's getting to be very frequent every time he gets on my bed he will go and walk around and pur for 20-30 minutes. His tail flicks from the base and his whole butt shakes and twitches and it looks very sexual. He's really weird in a lot of ways and we love him but this is getting a little much, anyone seen this?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's getting "happy";) Some neuterd cats do this because it just feels good to them. It may be annoying to you but it's totally normal to the cat. Try to give your cat his own blanket or something to get "happy" on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yup. Removal of the testicles doesn't necessarily remove the urge to mate. Cats don't have that psychological tie that humans have between the activity and the physiology. Give him his own, special "friend" and let him enjoy himself. Cat people will understand, all others may look the other direction.