Kneading Blankets, Couches And Other Things

Michael Paparo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
One of my kids (Noodles) is a feral we took in after he was abandoned. The vet estimated him to be 4-5 weeks old at that time and hes now 10. We have two other kids, a brother and sister; Spike and Missy. They're both 7 and have been with us from 6 weeks of age.

When I recline in the man cave with one of those warming blankets my wife got me (cave is in the basemen and its always chilly) Noodles comes over and kneads the blanket; back arched, fur on end and a thousand yard stare. A buddy said he's imagining it's a female but he's been adjusted so he's wasting his time but It's still spooky.

It's not just the blanket either. We bought some of those cat cuddlers that heat up from their own body heat and he does it in them too! Not just once but everytime her gets in.

Anyone seen this before or know what's going on?
Mike.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is common for cats to do. They usually do this on their mothers and it's just a way of comforting themselves or saying "I'm content and happy." I also had a cat that would knead on blankets to warm up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Michael Paparo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is common for cats to do. They usually do this on their mothers and it's just a way of comforting themselves or saying "I'm content and happy." I also had a cat that would knead on blankets to warm up.
Excellent.
Thanks Neo_23

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl will actually just knead on nothing when she's lying down and I'm petting her. :dunno:

Cats will be cats. :kneading:

Awhodits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My loves do this all the time (both females lol) when they come up to lay with me. They are just loving you and wanting to lay with you. I also personally think they do it as a way to get comfortable