Kitty Tea Party

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My local animal rescue does all sorts of outreach activities for kids. They had a week long summer camp with different animal ambassadors each day. The kids got to see a spay procedure too. They also do a monthly kids program and their event for August is a ..... kitty tea party :lovecat3:

Paw Pal- Kitty Tea Party

I signed my niece up and she is all excited. She wants to wear a fancy dress with opera gloves (which she already has because she is one of those kids who loves fancy dresses). She also wants to go shopping to find the perfect kitty ear headband to match her dress.

Not going to lie, a little bit jealous. Can I be a kid again?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
OMG! That's super cute! Let us know if they post pics of the even afterwards. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how fun!!! I have seen a few "camps" at our local shelter but I don't think they've done anything like this. Boy I'd be in Heaven if I were a kid there! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This shelter also has a kids reading program where you can sign up to read to the kittens. It basically works by having the kids read outloud with a kitty partner so the kittens get socialization and the kids work on reading. The Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center - P.A.C. Paws Program

They also do The Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center - Rovers Walking Program where you sign up and essentially check a dog out for the day. From 10am to 3pm (although you can return the dog sooner) you can take a dog out of the shelter. No obligation to adopt. They are partially hoping you will bond with the dog but it also gets the dogs out of the shelter environment. We have a local trail that is really popular so I would imagine some people borrow dogs for a walk up the tail.

The shelter is a no kill shelter and have twice a year free adoption days plus veteran adoption specials. This past fathers day they did $1 cat adoptions for Fathers. They also have a shot clinic and $45 spay/neuters.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today was the kitty tea party.

They read to the cats. Then they had juice, sandwiches and fruit. And an arts and craft activity while yhe cats ran around the room. Someone donated little stuffed animal cats too so all the kids got a cat toy to take home.

My niece was probably the only kid disappointed that it was juice instead of actual tea. I was too, I like a nice Irish Breakfast tea in the morning, but tea isn't popular here. So it wasn't a huge suprise.

20170819_110955.jpg
20170819_103135.jpg
20170819_105530.jpg
20170819_113533.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love it!!! How fun!:thumbsup:

And her headband is TOO cute! DD used to have a cat ear headband but it was smaller and black with a few gems on it. I like the colors and size of your niece's headband. :agree:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh I love it!!! How fun!:thumbsup:

And her headband is TOO cute! DD used to have a cat ear headband but it was smaller and black with a few gems on it. I like the colors and size of your niece's headband. :agree:
Thank you! She has 5 or 6 in different colors. If you can't tell, she loves bright bold colors and patterns.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's adorable. I bet the kids really enjoyed the party. Thanks for the pictures. I know I enjoyed looking at them.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The teacher in me loves when children use their creativity and imagination. What could be better than a kitty tea party for a local animal rescue? :thumbsup: