Kitty Refuses To Eat White Meat

imcf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i've been on a raw feeding journey for a few months now, and every time I open a serving of red meat kitty starts refusing any white meat, even after mixing 50/50 with canned food :( Lately she's even started to completely refuse turkey, chicken, and duck.

any tips?? the only white meat i'm having success with atm is rabbit, which i still have to add toppers/canned food for.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you tried chicken thighs? They have a higher fat content and their stronger smell might be more appealing. I have two that will eat anything, but the third will eat only chicken thighs. Like you, I have to add toppers before she'll eat rabbit, turkey or pork. Oddly, she seems to really like it when I do a 50/50 mix of ground and chunked thighs. This from a cat who would eat only pâté when I fed canned. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imcf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no i havent! I'm feeding commercial raw which is all ground up already...I'm also trying a variety of different brands inn hopes i'll get lucky :/
So far using stella and chewy's as a topper has been pretty effective (70% of the time she will eat it up), so I may try to keep doing that

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry, didn’t realize you were talking about commercial raw! I tried Primal, Rad Cat, and Northwest Naturals before I started making their food. Unfortunately, Miss Picky (Iris) wouldn’t eat any of it, even with toppers. The other two scarfed it all down. Even with what I make, I have to add toppers to non-chicken food. But when she walks away from a half-eaten bowl, I put it in the refrigerator, wait about 20 minutes, set it in a bowl of warm water for about 5 minutes to bring it back to room temp, then put it in front of her again. Usually she eats the rest of it. They all love the Northwest Naturals liver treats, even Iris, and the powder and tiny pieces at the bottom of the bag make good toppers.