Kitty needs a new home

georgiabussink

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Georgia. I am a recently graduated college student. I live in a home with 3 roommates. One of my roommates recently moved to another country and unfortunately could not bring the kitten with him. I am taking care of the cat in interim until we can find her a good home, however I also have plans to study abroad and will soon no longer be able to take care of the kitten either. I am hoping to re-home her before I am forced to give her away to a shelter. 

I have a female cat named Phyllis. Phyllis is an absolute sweetheart. She is very playful and likes to be silly! 

Phyllis has a very unique character to her. She loves to stand on her hind legs and trying to walk around on them. She enjoys accompanying you on your day to day activities and will always greet you at the door by running across the room and promptly asking for your love! And her signature is to ask if she can get on your shoulder and sit there like a parrot. She is a fabulous companion and I hope that someone can give her a good home.

She loves to cuddle and spend time with you. She is very tame (never uses her claws) and would be good around children. She is about 10 months old but still very small. 

She is already litter box trained. She is loves to roam, around outside but comes home at the first call of her name. She has been spayed and has had her first year shots. 

I would be happy to send pictures to any inquirers. Please let me know! 

Sincerely,

Georgia and Phyllis

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not interested. My fluffs would kill me if I brought someone new home. 

Where are you located at? Someone who may be needs to know since there are international members of the forum the location can make a HUGE difference. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgiabussink

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am from Vermont. I am willing to bring her anywhere within 6-10 hours of me !

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sad when people get pets they know they are not going to be able to keep.
It is entirely possible that the roommate didn't know at the time. The OP sounds like she took it in knowing she wouldn't be able to keep the kitten but wanted to try to find a home without sending it to a shelter. Things happen.

And yes, changing countries can be sudden. I have three friends who got once in a life time opportunities that took them out of the country with 3-6 months notice. None were actively looking but they weren't something you would pass on (missionary for their church in China, college basketball coach in Australia and translator in Germany).

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would never move to another country & leave my pets behind. But that's just me.
Sometimes there isn't a choice. Only one of my friends had a pet and there was no way to take a dog to China for a year. The dog stayed with her parents. A year after she got back she moved to Hawaii and left the dog behind again because of costs and her new living situation.

But that is not what happened with OP. OP is basically fostering. Don't judge OP for trying to help and without knowing roommates situation you shouldn't really judge either.

Last edited:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes there isn't a choice.
Don't judge OP for trying to help and without knowing roommates situation you shouldn't really judge either.
I have to agree with this: we don't know the full situation, OP is trying to be a part of a solution and judgment doesn't help resolve the situation.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the OP hasn't already now would be a good time to call around for no kill shelters or rescue group. Kitten season is fast approaching and once it hits many groups won't have room. But right now there likely is room for a small fee or donation. That would ensure that Phyllis finds a good home and doesn't wind up in a kill shelter if the OP can't find something in time.

While I would love it if someone on here was to take Phyllis I think that finding a good group to take care of and rehome her might be the most practical solution in the long term.

Last edited by a moderator:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:  Please keep the thread on topic.  The OP is asking for help with rehoming a cat, not asking whether it's appropriate to do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgiabussink

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good News everyone! Phyllis is going to a new home next week with a very kind older lady! I am very happy we found her a home! Thanks for everything :)

pegalena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you or he looked into all the possiblities about taking a cat with you? Many airlines will let pets come on board. Many countries will let a cat go with you. My daughter worked in China for awhile and while she was there one of her neighbors took in a kitten. Then at the end of the school year decided to go home to Australia. They were going to take the kitten with them but they would have to be in quarenteen for a few months in another country on their way home and didn't want to do that so my daughter and I did a lot of research and found we could bring her back to the states. We made sure that she could come on board the aircraft rather than in with the luggage. So there are ways if you really want to keep the cat and take it with you. If not I wish you the best and the kitty finds a forever home.