Kitty In Distress

FriendlyNeighborhoodKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, it's your Friendly neighborhood kitty! I am glad to be a new member here. I have a kitten, she is about 6 weeks old I believe. I have three questions at the bottom.
We just gave her de-worming medicine yesterday morning and she hasn't deficated any worms out. She is bloated, I can hear things "sloshing" around in her belly and rear end. She doesn't eat much, and drinks water quite often. Her eyes where the bottom eye lids are are protruding out a bit, not sure if normal.
We got her off someone, and she came here with diahrea that's green-ish but not liquid, nor a solid, its spreadable and has tiny round balls around it same color as the poop; just looks lumpy-like. And she has trouble finding the litter box and doing her business,(she's not blind, she will defecate under tables and such, but it's not anywhere) she has defecated many many times in three days in corners and cracks. She has so far been going to the litter box, but she doesnt cover her poop or she doesn't do it right, instead digs in other places and steps in her poop. She is pretty active but tends to nap about 3-7 times a day.

So my questions are:
1- Why didn't the de-worming medicine not work?
2- If different type, what do you think it would be?
3- Is a kitten supposed to know right off the bat to use a litter box? (a friend suggests they should already know this by instinct)

Thank you ,
YourFriendlyNeighborhoodKitty

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like something else is going on besides the worms, especially with the third eyelid showing. Because of her young age, she needs to get to the vet ASAP.