Kittens

Cbendz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We took in a stray cat about 6 weeks ago and named her Daisy. We took her to the vet to get spayed and found out that she was pregnant. The vet said that she was having atleast 2 kittens. She gave birth to one about 6 hours ago and show no more signs of labor. I have never had a cat that had kittens and I'm not sure how long it should be before she has the other kitten.

I did read that cats can be impregnated by more than 1 Tom, this is very possible since she was a stray. Would that have any bearing on how long between kittens? Also, how common for kittens to have more than 1 father?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It can be hours or even days between kittens.

Some cats will mate with different toms on different days, but many do not.

Make sure the kitten is nursing well.

Thanks for taking in this stray! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cbendz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply! The kitten is nursing very well and looks wonderful.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did read that cats can be impregnated by more than 1 Tom, this is very possible since she was a stray. Would that have any bearing on how long between kittens? Also, how common for kittens to have more than 1 father?
I know it can happen. I fostered three kittens, all sisters. Two orange and a tortie. I kept the oranges. They look alike only in coloring. One of them definitely has a large breed in her though. (maybe lion-lol, more than likely Maine Coon). That and she's long hair while the other is short. This tells me, they had different fathers.