Kittens nose changed

rlmills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. Today I noticed my foster kittens nose looks odd. It wasn’t like this yesterday, so it definitely had to happen today.
He has had many issues with his nose (Mostly congestion). He has been diagnosed with herpes, and has constant issues with nasal congestion, discharge, and sneezing.
I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before? What could this be?I’m not sure how to even explain it, so I’m attaching a picture.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This almost looks like an early rodent ulcer. While they generally occur on the lips, the occasional one will flare up on a nose here and there. Regardless, without intervention, they can become quite serious, disfiguring, and in some VERY advanced cases, fatal. I'd have your vet take a peek at that. It isn't (now) a screaming emergency, but left untreated could become one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rlmills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow. After looking at pictures, I think you are right. Thank you for your help!

This almost looks like an early rodent ulcer. While they generally occur on the lips, the occasional one will flare up on a nose here and there. Regardless, without intervention, they can become quite serious, disfiguring, and in some VERY advanced cases, fatal. I'd have your vet take a peek at that. It isn't (now) a screaming emergency, but left untreated could become one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are MORE than welcome! That's what we're here for!

Welcome to TCS, BTW! I was so focused on that nose, that I forgot to welcome you! When you have a minute, go to New Cats on the Block and introduce yourselves!