Kitten’s Neck Fur Problem

Melissaeren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 18 days old kitten has something under her neck. Her fur in there fell out. I’m not sure what to do. I hope the photo is uploaded but if not I’ll explain more. This area is wet-ish because queen keeps licking and it’s angora wool. Can someone tell me what to do caıse I’m really worried right now.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like a scar/mark left behind when a scab falls off. Maybe it got a small scratch? When a cats scab falls off it usually takes the fur in the area as well. Just pay attention to the spot, if it isn't swollen or red and there aren't more of them I'd just wait and see. The fur should grow back in a few weeks and you'll never know it had been there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Close up there looks to be raised whitish areas on the spot. I would bring whatever you have this picture on, phone, I Pad, etc. and bring it in to the vet. It would ease your mind if it is nothing, or it will be caught early if it turns out to be something the vet needs to take care of. The fact that mama keeps licking it means it is something. Please post us back when you find out what it is!