Kittens From Different Litters

Midwinters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

Thought I'd try my luck asking here, because I can't seem to find any information elsewhere..

About 2 weeks ago, my partner and I adopted a bengal girl(she is 12 mo/old at this time). We are now considering having another kitten so she has a playmate and so we found a litter of siamese kits. We are rather fond of them, as they tend to have similar characteristics as bengals.

Thing is, my partner wants to have a male kitten. I'm not against the idea, but in the beginning we weren't planning on neutering our bengal, as we were considering letting her have one litter of kittens sometime in the future.

As far as I've read, it is more than likely that if we got a male siamese, we would end up with a mix of them sooner or later, am I right?

What I'm curious about, is how they would behave around eachother if that happened. Does anyone have any experience?

And is this even a good idea?

Thank you all in advance. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, this is a terrible idea. You should not have two intact kittens, regardless of gender. They will fight terribly if of the same sex, and reproduce in an uncontrolled manner if not. Even if one cat is intact and the other is fixed, you will very likely have behavioral issues.

Where are you getting these kittens from? Are they registered kittens? Do you have breeding rights for the bengal?

I would also recommend that you rethink breeding. Every heat cycle is a risk to your girl’s health. It increases her risk of reproduce cancer down the line. She also runs the risk of pyometria with each heat, which is an infection that is fatal if untreated. As she could have silent heats, you would not be able to leave the male and female alone ever, so they would not be companions at all.

Heats, pregnancy, birth, and nursing could all risk your girl’s life. Are you prepared to do that for one litter?

There is no benefit to her personally having a litter, and there are so many kittens in need of homes.

I truly understand the desire for kittens in the home, but fostering would be a much safer choice. Your idea as is does not put the health, safety, and comfort of your cats first.