Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! It's me again, I'm concerned about my orange tabby kitten who is 8 weeks and six days old. His skin is turning blue, I've washed the fleas off of him and he drank milk from his mother. He eats hard food mixed with a bit of water and flavoring from chicken. And he drinks water, I tried to feed him a bit of cooked chicken yet he wouldn't eat but a little and I don't know why he's turning blue and I don't know what to do to help him. His name is peaches, and i have to inform you I'm still with no money and I've created a go fund me. Here's the link if anyone wants to help

Btw he's still moving around, still making noises. It's just his skin is turning blue and he is acting a little sick to me
20230917_180136.jpg
20230917_180144.jpg
20230917_180425.jpg
20230917_180435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does he feel cold? Hold him on your chest, gently wrapped in a small blanket or towel.
His toe beans and nose still look ok--maybe a little pale?

Are his eyes runny? Gently wipe off any crud that collects.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he feel cold? Hold him on your chest, gently wrapped in a small blanket or towel.
His toe beans and nose still look ok. Are his eyes runny? Gently wipe off any crud that collects.
His eyes have been runny ever since he could open them, they've recently gotten better with doing that though. I've been cleaning them off and keeping him warm, the spots that are blue are a little bit cold and at the moment i believe it's gotten a bit worse around his face. It's not as light as it was and is now in darker spots where his whiskers come out

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
How many fleas, approximately, did you get off of him? You'll want to continue doing this, because if he has fleas, they are in the environment and will continue to jump on him.
When you wash him, make sure he's kept warm until he's 100% dry as kittens can chill very easily.

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
How many fleas, approximately, did you get off of him? You'll want to continue doing this, because if he has fleas, they are in the environment and will continue to jump on him.
When you wash him, make sure he's kept warm until he's 100% dry as kittens can chill very easily.
About maybe 18-20 is what I got off of him when I bathed him, I don't know why there were so many on him. None of the other kittens has that many at all nor any of the dogs. We've been bathing them and cleaning around the house to keep them out but they just keep getting in

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sparrow89 Sparrow89 Do you have a lot of cats and dogs around your place? I'm worried that you have so many sick kittens and that you don't have enough money to care for them properly. I know this might be upsetting, but I really think you need to get some help from shelters in your area. It would be far better if you could turn the animals over for proper treatment and rehoming, rather than struggling by yourself.

Here are a few places you could try.

Avery Humane Society

Watauga Humane Society

Home | ashehumanesociety

Find Your Pet A Loving Forever Home

Sugar Grove Animal Shelter | Animal Shelters in Sugar Grove IL | AnimalShelter.net

Some of these places will help you get your pets spayed and neutered, so you don't have to keep going through the cycle of pregnant cats-sick kittens that don't make it. Others will help you rehome some of the kittens you have now.

Please do something to stop this cycle as soon as you can. It may seem daunting when you have a lot of animals around, but taking the first steps and even getting one or two of them spayed makes a difference.

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sparrow89 Sparrow89 Do you have a lot of cats and dogs around your place? I'm worried that you have so many sick kittens and that you don't have enough money to care for them properly. I know this might be upsetting, but I really think you need to get some help from shelters in your area. It would be far better if you could turn the animals over for proper treatment and rehoming, rather than struggling by yourself.

Here are a few places you could try.

Avery Humane Society

Watauga Humane Society

Home | ashehumanesociety

Find Your Pet A Loving Forever Home

Sugar Grove Animal Shelter | Animal Shelters in Sugar Grove IL | AnimalShelter.net

Some of these places will help you get your pets spayed and neutered, so you don't have to keep going through the cycle of pregnant cats-sick kittens that don't make it. Others will help you rehome some of the kittens you have now.

Please do something to stop this cycle as soon as you can. It may seem daunting when you have a lot of animals around, but taking the first steps and even getting one or two of them spayed makes a difference.
Im sorry, I can't rehome these animals. I can't find it in my heart to do so, I've gotten too connected with them and they got connected to me. I know it may seem like a bad thing that I don't want to, but we've just ran into a bit of a dilemma with money this month and we'll be back on track soon. This kitten is an easy fix since I can get him to a vet faster than I could the other. They are being taken care of very well and I have help from someone that's experienced and also his sister who takes care of sicker cats that have diabetes and other things that need 24/7 care. Thank you for the suggestion though, I really appreciate it. I'm going to get all the cats fixed, the dogs are already fixed. I'm keeping them inside to make sure they don't get pregnant again, and after we get a vehicle and enough money I'll be taking them to get them fixed.i hope you understand

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The Humane Societies that I posted links to above will provide a grant to spay and neuter outdoor cats, so it won't cost you anything at all. Can you start looking into this right away? Cats will come into heat soon after giving birth, so the mother of this kitten, and probably the kitten that died the other day, will be ready to mate and will get pregnant again any day now.

Thank you for taking care of them. I know it can be overwhelming, I dealt with a colony of over 40 cats at my last address and when I started I didn't think I would ever be able to get the whole colony fixed, but every little step you take will get you closer to your goal.

You need to start today though, because getting financial aid and making vet appointments takes time. If you wait until you have a car and enough money you'll probably have more kittens by then.

Can I ask how many cats and kittens are you caring for altogether?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Orange kittens develop “freckles” as they mature. Are you sure the spots you see are not just skin pigmentation?

It does sound like your kitten may have a cold or upper respiratory infection (URI), so a vet visit is advisable.

I also see specks of what appear to be flea dirt on areas of the kitten. It might help to flea comb the kitten to remove further fleas, dirt, eggs, etc. Do you vacuum the house?

I agree with Norachan Norachan that calling and setting spay and neuter appointments right away is the way to go, especially if they are free. You can also ask if the Humane Society has volunteers who might be able to give you rides back and forth with your pets until you have transportation. There are many animal lovers out there who enjoy helping others.

You do not have to give up your pets, but it is the responsible thing to do to get them all fixed.

I applaud you for doing the best you can with limited resources, and I love your caring heart. I especially appreciate that you have reached out to us here on The Cat Site, and I hope you understand that we are only trying to help you by pointing you towards agencies that can spay and neuter so that you can control the cat population in your home going forward.

Do keep us posted about your orange kitten, as well as the progress you make in calling and setting spay and neuter appointments. We are here to support you!

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Humane Societies that I posted links to above will provide a grant to spay and neuter outdoor cats, so it won't cost you anything at all. Can you start looking into this right away? Cats will come into heat soon after giving birth, so the mother of this kitten, and probably the kitten that died the other day, will be ready to mate and will get pregnant again any day now.

Thank you for taking care of them. I know it can be overwhelming, I dealt with a colony of over 40 cats at my last address and when I started I didn't think I would ever be able to get the whole colony fixed, but every little step you take will get you closer to your goal.

You need to start today though, because getting financial aid and making vet appointments takes time. If you wait until you have a car and enough money you'll probably have more kittens by then.

Can I ask how many cats and kittens are you caring for altogether?
I'm sorry, but I will not be disclosing the number of animals I care for. I will inform you that all the outside cats and inside dogs are fixed. I just need to fix the cats inside is all, we've already made plans to do so.

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Orange kittens develop “freckles” as they mature. Are you sure the spots you see are not just skin pigmentation?

It does sound like your kitten may have a cold or upper respiratory infection (URI), so a vet visit is advisable.

I also see specks of what appear to be flea dirt on areas of the kitten. It might help to flea comb the kitten to remove further fleas, dirt, eggs, etc. Do you vacuum the house?

I agree with Norachan Norachan that calling and setting spay and neuter appointments right away is the way to go, especially if they are free. You can also ask if the Humane Society has volunteers who might be able to give you rides back and forth with your pets until you have transportation. There are many animal lovers out there who enjoy helping others.

You do not have to give up your pets, but it is the responsible thing to do to get them all fixed.

I applaud you for doing the best you can with limited resources, and I love your caring heart. I especially appreciate that you have reached out to us here on The Cat Site, and I hope you understand that we are only trying to help you by pointing you towards agencies that can spay and neuter so that you can control the cat population in your home going forward.

Do keep us posted about your orange kitten, as well as the progress you make in calling and setting spay and neuter appointments. We are here to support you!
Thank you, I have bad news about the orange kitten. His name was peaches btw, he um. I found him dead this morning, and there was nothing i could do about it. I couldn't find him and looked everywhere only to find him on the floor dead and even more blue, i believe he might have had something when he was born because out of the 8 weeks of his life he was mostly sick, I thought he was getting better but he was getting worse instead. From a common cold to turning blue and dying, I cared for him until he did die. It was just his time I guess, I will always have him in my heart and he will be missed dearly along with the others that have died. Thank you for your response again

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry you’ve lost another kitten. RIP, Peaches, with no more struggles. :angel: :rbheart:

It may well have been a genetic defect from birth — possibly his little heart wasn’t pumping well if he was looking blue. That indicates low oxygen. You took good care of him, and he knew that he was loved by you and his mother cat.

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so sorry you’ve lost another kitten. RIP, Peaches, with no more struggles. :angel: :rbheart:

It may well have been a genetic defect from birth — possibly his little heart wasn’t pumping well if he was looking blue. That indicates low oxygen. You took good care of him, and he knew that he was loved by you and his mother cat.
Thank you, at least he's not in any more pain. He's free now and he can do whatever he wants wherever he is. I appreciate your help

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry that you have lost another kitten. Again, the thread will be locked out of respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.