Kitten Won't Stop Vomiting, Energetic, Playful, Good Appetite. But Keeps Vomiting

Zane Billings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We rescued a litter of kitttens and have adopted all but two out to good homes. We have taken them to a local low cost clinic where they received their first round their first round of shots. Out of the two kittens one seems to have a problem with vomiting. It has been off and on for three weeks now. Watching him eat and then play I initially thought he was just eating too much too fast and then was too active causing him to vomit. We also have two adult cats that for the most part we have kept separated from the kittens. We have been gradually introducing them the larger environment of our home from the confines of our guest bathroom.
When I let the kittens out it didn't occur to me that the adult cat food woudk upset the kittens stomachs. They of course immediately found the adult cat food and began eating it as fast as they could. I just sssuned they were hungry. Not long after the orange tabby began whining and then making a burping hiccup sound until he regurgitated the food he just ate. To my disgust he bagan eating his vomit which led to him repeating the cycle until I pulled him away and cleaned up the vomit and took away the food. I've been very careful to make sure they do not have access to any food other than their kitten food which is pedigree kitten food. He seems to still be vomiting very regularly. He doesn't show any signs of listlessness, and eats and drinks just fine. He also doesn't have diarrhea. My wife did put a flea collar on him which I took off. The other cat though seems fine. They are energetic and playful. But just the constant vomit.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
This happened to my kittens too. One vomited but was still playful/active. They may have Roundworms which is very common in kittens. If you see any string looking things in their vomit or stool, then it is Roundworm. Also if they have a potbellied appearance. I recommend giving them de-worming medicine.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he vomiting wet or dry food?

He may be allergic to an ingredient in the food. Try a different brand of kitten food to see if the vomiting stops.

Also, I agree the kittens need worming if they have not been wormed so far.