Kitten Won't Eat

Angela Myers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 week old kitten has been eating kitten replacement milk from a bottle and for my bowl but now I'm having to force-feed her from the bottle and I have tried baby food and kitten food I don't know what to do

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try to soak dry kibble with the formula in a platter.
Have you tried putting some canned kitten food on your finger and letting him taste it? Sometimes they just need to realize that's it yummy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angela Myers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 week old kitten has been eating kitten replacement milk from a bottle and for my bowl but now I'm having to force-feed her from the bottle and I have tried baby food and kitten food I don't know what to do
I've tried that, she has just gotten over a cold and the vet said take her off antibiotics, I did. Still not eating.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Your kitten should be weaned off milk soon. She can start eating solid food now. I suggest that you feed her wet food as it it has a much much higher content of moisture and kittens need proteins to grow and they get proteins from wet food and not dry food. Dry food is full of carbohydrates.

And she is a growing kitten, she needs to be fed as much as she can eat and be fed around 4-5 times a day.

How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat?

Make sure also that she has all her vaccinations done and dewormed too.

When she is at the right age, have her spayed which will help her in her health. Here's an article on that :-

When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is lapping up milk replacement from a bowl, try mixing canned food into it making it a soup. She may eat that.

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she has worms they loose there appetite when the worms take over...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angela Myers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your kitten should be weaned off milk soon. She can start eating solid food now. I suggest that you feed her wet food as it it has a much much higher content of moisture and kittens need proteins to grow and they get proteins from wet food and not dry food. Dry food is full of carbohydrates.

And she is a growing kitten, she needs to be fed as much as she can eat and be fed around 4-5 times a day.

How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat?

Make sure also that she has all her vaccinations done and dewormed too.

When she is at the right age, have her spayed which will help her in her health. Here's an article on that :-

When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats
It sounds like she has worms they loose there appetite when the worms take over...
She was given first dose of warmer the week we adopted her.