Kitten with very bad eye infection

Gsenia124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I’m new here but I need some help from you guys. I just came in to work and my co workers found a tiny kitten with his eyes in very bad shape. It looks like black scabs on both the kittens eyes, I want to help him but I currently can’t afford to take him to the vet is there something I could do to at least help in the kitten not getting worst? As soon as I’m able to take the kitten to the vet I will also in the morning I’ll be calling my local shelter to see if they could assist. But any tips for now?? Please and thank you all !!

Attachments

straycat31

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it just mud maybe? Is he crying? And is the cat eating and drinking? In the meantime just make him as comfortable as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gsenia124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is not crying or complaining at all, I checked up on him and he was sleeping. I got to work maybe an hour ago so I haven’t seen him eat or drink water when i went to check on him. He is very alert though it doesn’t feel like mud also where I work is only pavement.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a soft, warm, damp cloth and gently try to clean its face. Especially try to soften the caked or scabby areas. It’s important that the kitten gets medical care right away to save permanent damage to its eyes. Probably needs eye meds like terramycin right away. One eye area looks very bad. Poor thing.

Also, soft wet food as soon as you get a chance.

Thank you for the rescue and do keep us posted!
G Gsenia124

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gsenia124

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was able to use my care credit to take him to the vet and get his eyes checked out, the good thing is that besides his eyes he is actually pretty healthy. I was able to get in contact with a foster mom that gladly took him in ♥ thank you guys 🥹

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s wonderful! Thank you so much for your efforts.

What did the vet say and/or do about the kitten’s eyes? Will they be okay? How old did the vet think the kitten is?