Kitten With Pooping Problems! Please Help!

Ottokitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 5 month old Russian blue kitty named Otto. He is eating and drinking normally. He is very playful and loves his brother Benny. Otto poops normally 2-4 times a day and in large amounts. Today he pooped light gray that looked like putty. There was also little spots of blood. A few weeks ago there was a little blood in his stool just once so I figured everything was ok. Please help explain his pooping patterns!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take him into the vet? Bloody stool in cats can have various causes, like internal bleeding or parasites. Ask your vet before if they would like a stool sample, as they may want to run a fecal float and maybe giardia test.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Today he pooped light gray that looked like putty. There was also little spots of blood. A few weeks ago there was a little blood in his stool
:hellosmiley: Ottokitten, welcome to TCS!

Blood in stool indicates some health issues. A vet's visit is in order. Please bring him in for a check.

Do let us know the outcome after the vet's visit. We hope that it is nothing too serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ottokitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you take him into the vet? Bloody stool in cats can have various causes, like internal bleeding or parasites. Ask your vet before if they would like a stool sample, as they may want to run a fecal float and maybe giardia test.
Yes I am going to call tomorrow morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ottokitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hellosmiley: Ottokitten, welcome to TCS!

Blood in stool indicates some health issues. A vet's visit is in order. Please bring him in for a check.

Do let us know the outcome after the vet's visit. We hope that it is nothing too serious.
I will let you know and thanks!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gray, putty-like poop could indicate an issue with liver function, and blood is always concerning. Vet visit in order, as you already know!