Kitten with diarrhea

hsweeney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
July 30th I took in 2 kittens that were abandoned. Had both on step 2 formula drinking from bowl and feeding Purina one kitten chow. September 5th one of them started having white mucusy diarrhea. I originally thought it was throw up but it was all over her rear end. Took her to the vet and it didn't happen. Vet did a fecal, didn't see anything but treated both with drontal because she was sure they had tapeworms. That night the boy (not the one with diarrhea) started throwing up 2 huge tapeworms. Took them in on September 13 for their second dose of Drontal. The entire time the girl had diarrhea, but was always "normal" in color. 5 days later she had the white diarrhea with blood again. And her brother passed away that same day. Again 2 weeks later she has the nasty smelling white diarrhea again! I've tried attaching picture but it's "too large" apparently. Any suggestions??? I've already put in a call to the vet.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be dehydrated from the diaheria and water loss from it and feeding dry. Fancy feast classics is canned food I feed 2 of my 3 cats and weruva,lots of moisture. Call the vet again and make an appointment or morning drop off at your vet's. She may suggest testing and/or xray

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Given that her sibling died, you may want to get her seen at an urgent care.
Were the kittens ever dewormed for anything but tapeworms? Did they ever send out a fecal sample on the kittens or something called a fecal PCR to the lab,
Lightly colored stool can be indicative of liver malfunction or disease. Is there anything toxic they could have been exposed to like, essential oils, human skin care products, over the counter pain medications. any "all natural" cleaners. Any flea and or tick products? I am just spit balling here because, obviously I don't know what is wrong, and am not a veterinarian.

I am sorry for the loss of the other kitten.