Kitten with diarrhea

alex131

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I found abandoned kittens a few weeks ago. One of them has diarrhea but is still eating normally. I feed her wet canned food meant for kittens. Any recommendations for ways to stop her diarrhea? WARNING pics of 💩
IMG_3956.JPG

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be the food that is upsetting her. You could try a different one or give her a little pumpkin, pure, no additives. Psyllium often works, sprinkle a pinch on her food twice a day or try S boulardii, one quarter of a capsule twice a day again mixed into her food. Very pretty kittens.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to pumpkin or S.boulardi, you can give the gut a chance to calm down by feeding boiled hamburger or chicken for a few days. Adding some white rice to the boiling meat will help the stools firm up. If that doesn't work, she may need some metronidazole (,flagyl) which requires a prescription or wormer or both - your vet can determine the best approach. I add unflavored Pedialyte to the food.
They are very beautiful kittens!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, the kitten needs to see a vet to be wormed and will likely need a round of metronidazole for parasites and intestinal bacterial infection.