Kitten With Diarrhea Pooping Outside Box

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone

Our Daisy has a bet appointment tomorrow.

She has had consistent diahreah..been dewormed and fecal sample tested negative..and just yesterday started pooping right outside the litter box

I feex her Royal Cannon wet and dry kitten food and weruva chicken frick-a-zee

My 3 covered litter boxes are in one spot and now i placed a 4th uncovered boc in another location

Can anyone offer me any advice???

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like a kitten health question. As a stop gap measure you could try mixing a small amount of baby rice cereal into her wet food and see if that helps? I would also ask about a anti-diarrhea medicine & ask if it looks like she has allergies. Cats have accidents when they are sick & she is sick right now. So a good enzyme cleaner & patience. If she has IBS or allergies you may have to do a bit of trial & error to see what she is allergic to. Also many people talk about probiotics helping.

5 Best Cat Probiotics - Dec. 2017 - BestReviews

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay...but it seems like her going outside the litter box is normal..she just goes in the corner by the boxes

I put out a smaller box in another location and i think i need to keep her in the bathroom, tonight.

But i also don't want her to feel isolated. I also have an immature husband who is pounding his fists...he wanted to keep her, btw...and he is basically being an ass..i am a middle aged newlywed, btw..and imo marriage is overrated

But i digress...i have a vet appointment tomorrow..so ask for a diahreah medicine?

What about keeping her in the bathroom while we are at work? I feel awful

Btw, we are getting new carpet in 3 weeks..so that is another issue for me

I think i may need to just keep the boxes on a giant wee wee pad until i have this sorted out???

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would use the wee pads. If it is IBS or allergies it is going to take time to find out what she can eat. I have never had a cat with IBS but I have read others swearing by probiotics.

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do have probiotics..mixed it with her food. But why is she going outside the litter box?

Do you guys think it won't be cruel to keep her in the bathroom overnight and while we arebat work until this is sorted out?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what is causing it and yes I do. Perhaps confine her to your bedroom & use pee pads? If it hurts them they go out of the box. It could take months to sort out if it is an allergy or IBS. That would be a LONG time to be lock a toddler in a jail cell. Here is an idea. Hold off on getting new carpet until she stops having accidents. It will pass. Hopefully your vet can help you. When you do replace the carpet be sure to replace the padding in the room where she had her accident & or use an enzyme cleaner.

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well...i am in a studio.

But i will just hold off on the carpet, then

I will also hit the spots she went on..hardwood floor..with enzyme cleaner

On a side note..though she is very calm..she DOES run after the laser light

I don't know if she is just laid back or the chronic diahreah has made her " calmer" than other kittens