Kitten with chronic runny nose?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fostered a kitten who still has a runny nose (she's 10 months old now) she's the sister of my girl. It's really strange as she only has a runny nose when grooming or eating. That's it. All the other time she's completely fine, no runny nose then. She has some sneezing to but only when grooming herself or eating. The mucus is clear, no runny eyes, no congestion. She's otherwise completely fine, running, playing and eating. So don't think its a URI cause it does literally only happens when eating or grooming. Do you think maybe it's the nose itself? Anyone have a kitty who has had similar issues?

2019-12-30 13.08.13.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible she could have allergies. Since you mentioned it happens when she's eating what are you feeding her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She says she's feeding her raw. It happens when she is grooming herself to. Its basically a ton of clear discharge coming out of her nose, and she sneezes to. Like a ton of clear discharge coming out of her nose while she eats and grooms. Its constantly flowing but only when she eats or grooms. Its super strange lol.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be because of how she is positioned when she eats and grooms - I’m guessing her head might be lowered in these instances more than normally. I’d guess it’s either allergies or feline herpes.