Kitten with bloody diarrhoea (POO PIC)

GerryGinger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’d be grateful if anyone had any advice at all regarding my 11 week old kitten Gerry. I brought him home last Saturday and ever since he has had bloody diarrhoea he’s not done one solid poo. I have been to the vets with him, they wormed him and gave me some Hills Science Prescription id wet food but unfortunately no change, the only good thing to have come from the vet visit was that he was significantly less bloated the next day so the wormer definitely helped him. But I’m at a loss on what to do, is it a parasite? Food intolerance? I’m feeding him on Royal Canin Kitten, along with Applaws kitten chicken. Gerry is absolutely fine in himself (playing,eating, and drinking fine) I’m starting to feel really overwhelmed with this situation and the vet bills are becoming expensive, but I just want to get to the bottom of this for Gerry’s sake poor little mite, I’d be grateful for any advice anyone may have. Thank you!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am going to guess that his food/diet was changed from what he ate before adoption to when he was being fed with you, and now he has had yet another diet change again. If that is the case, can you find out what he was eating before you adopted him and give that to him to begin with? Food changes can set off all kinds of issues, and yet sadly take much longer to resolve. Even if you get him back to the food before he was adopted, it can take weeks. It is a start anyway.

What else do you know about his overall welfare/health? Vaccinations and viral checks?