Kitten wet food

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's pricy to get wellness core or other hit brand kitten wet food. Costs $3.70 here per can.
Saw these 2 brands, fancy feast but this has milk. Read that we should avoid milk as not mentioned in ingredient the source of milk.
The other is called kit cat and both are cheap at $1 each.
S advice for those who have tried these products.
Tnks

Attachments

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Never heard of the KitCat so can't comment on that but Fancy Feast kitten is one of my picky (adult) cat's favorites so it's part of our rotation :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thickening agent and gelling agent in the KitCat doesn't sound like it is a good thing. 🤷‍♀️ Plus 8% protein for a growing kitten isn't a lot.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milk is fine if your kitten tolerates it. You'll know in the litter box.

But I don't like either of those. Fish is not an ideal protein for cats. It can also be addictive. Some cats will hold out for fish and eat no other flavors. I recommend reserving fish for emergency measures like disguising medicine or getting a sick cat to eat. If you feed it on the regular, you lose that "nuclear option." Fancy Feast does include "fish broth" in a lot of their non-fish recipes. I'm not thrilled with this. But it's not the same as having "ocean whitefish" as your first ingredient. In this case, it's more a flavoring than a protein. But it may make it harder to switch them later to a food that doesn't have fish broth in it.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Suljas Suljas
I can understand you have limited options for cat food. Kit Cat, I have not seen the food where I am but have the cat litter.
I think the white fish is not that bad but would not want to feed it exclusively. White fish is supposed to be gentle on the bowel so probably why it was chosen.
It is good you are choosing wet food. Does the Fancy Feast kitten also have other flavors?
What other brands are available where you are? Is it Singapore?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes in Singapore. My kittens are 2 mths. And fancy feast rest are for adult cats.
Intention to feed wellness cire kitten dry food thrice with wet food once.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would try to feed more wet food than dry, especially if one or both kittens are male. Males tend to be more prone to urinary issues from dry food.

It is a pity the Wellness is so expensive where you are, high tax rate on imports? The Wellness Core I get in Europe is less expensive and it is produced in Thailand.

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Believe it depends on the particular model as wellnesss core wet food for kitten is made in Canada and the dry food is from US.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, I get the Wellness Core shredded wet food & chunks in gravy in tins and used to buy packets with chunks in sauce. All are made in Thailand. I don't use dry,
Are there other kitten foods available to you?

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mostly made in Thailand but the I gredients the same as hancy feast and the brands like burp, friskies, tikicat, purina. Instinct is more ex then Wellness.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...8% protein for a growing kitten isn't a lot.
That's 8% before subtracting the 80% moisture. Subtract the 80% for moisture and you see it's 50% protein (min), 37.5% crude fat (min), 6.25% fiber (max) and 6.25% ash (max).

That's not much different from regular wet cat food. From what some experts say, kitten food isn't any more nutritious than regular cat food. It's suggested that kittens and nursing queens do just fine on regular cat food, just feed them more calories.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's 8% before subtracting the 80% moisture. Subtract the 80% for moisture and you see it's 50% protein (min), 37.5% crude fat (min), 6.25% fiber (max) and 6.25% ash (max).

That's not much different from regular wet cat food. From what some experts say, kitten food isn't any more nutritious than regular cat food. It's suggested that kittens and nursing queens do just fine on regular cat food, just feed them more calories.
Ok