Kitten Vaccine Questions

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my 2months+ kitten will have first 4in1 vax shot in next 3 day but i dont know if i should worry or not, vet said it's US vax. And i dont know after vaxxed should i still keep he in my room instead let him be with other cats(not vaxxed)

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After a while and research on my own, I stopped getting most the vaccines for my cats. I think that makes the last 4 days I took in. Each were once outdoor cats and I didn't keep them separated once the introductions were over with.
However, there are certain things that can are transmissible through bites or scratches. That's the only thing that would possibly worry me. I did have all mine tested for those things to be safe.
All mine are inside only cats too.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your other cats are NOT vaxxed, I would keep them apart for at least a week for the antibiotics to build up. You might want to rethink not getting them vaxxed against distemper, it is SO transmissible and horrible. A two-month-old kitten should not be exposed to too much, but things are transmitted to the kitten from the mother too. i think getting them vaxxed is a much smaller risk than carrying something in on my shoes or clothes and them getting sick and possibly dying.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once she is vaccinated, she can be with your other kitties. If you have any questions, you should ask your vet.