Kitten Vaccination Date Is Confusing

Fat Felix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can I ask about how the whole “8 weeks” work with vaccine? Do i literally count the days of the week or should I do it by the month? I plan on having my kitten vaccinated at 8 weeks but people have been telling me to get it at 2 months cos 4 weeks is considered a month so 8 weeks = 2 months? She was born on July 18, so do i count the days of the week or should I have her vaccinated on September 18 (calendar definition of 2 months)? Because if I count by the exact days, then she turns 8 weeks old on the 12th. I’m VERY confused, to say the least.

Also, can she be vaccinated after she had flea meds (Advocate) 2 weeks prior?

Ps. Sorry if you keep seeing me in different sub-forums, it’s my first time taking care of a kitten this young :-( I don’t want to make mistakes that might cost her her life :—-(

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job thinking about what you need to do for your kitten. I would suggest you call your vet in the morning and ask when you need to bring her in. Usually it's an approximate date, not exactly to the date. So close to when she turns 8-9 weeks old, get an appointment to start her shots. Even if you wait until she's 10 weeks old, you'll be okay.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...and double check with them, really make sure they are in the moment when you're asking, about the timing of the flea meds and the other...