Kitten throwing up

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello guys
My 5 months old male kitten has been throwing up recently. I think he did 4 times this week. No sign of anything else. Eating, drinking and playing normally. However, this throwing is worrying me. He did it 2 days in a row, usually after he wakes up, eats then after a while, he throws up. I haven't changed his diet. I've checked with one of his vets. He said it's normal as long he's acting normal. Maybe hairballs but I don't see them when he throws up. All he throws up is food, small portion. Should I be worried and take him to see another vet for a second opinion.
What do you guys think!?

cookiedough03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does your cat consume any cat grass or hairball solution gel? if not, it's very likely he'll have some digestive problems. Cat grass is easy to grow and cats like to eat it a few times a week. if you have some oat or wheat seeds, you can give it a try.
Also brushing your cat to remove excess hair will help in the long term.

"What is Cat Grass? Not to be confused with catnip, which is a member of the mint family, cat grass is typically grown from rye, barley, oat or wheat seeds. You will find a variety of kitty grass kits at your local pet store, which contain everything you need, including seeds, soil and a potting container."-petmd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a short hair cat and still I brush him so often. However, when he throws up. I can't spot hairballs at all. Tried also giving him cat grass but he's not fan at all. Apart from all of this. He's acting normally, so sign of anything bad

cookiedough03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In that case I'm not sure. if nothing is stressing your cat out (environmental change) and no hairball problem, maybe he has some reaction to the food. try something different like some boiled chicken/cooked meat? if still throw up, another vet :/

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess am taking him to the vet. He just throw up again.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!
We went to the vet and after her diagnosis. It turned out that he has Digestive Disorder.
She said it's not a big of a deal and gave medicine for 3 days. Also, some veterinarian soft food. She said I should give him portions of dry food and free feeding is bad. However, all his Vitals are good, temperature also.
Wish him a fast recovery. 😻❤

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In time you can switch off of vet food and switch to carrageenan free wet food like Rawz, Hounds and Gatos, Weruva, and Tiki cat :)
Its slightly less expensive and better quality lol.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Advice
The vet soft food is recommended for only 3 days. Then he'll be back to his dry food.
Do you think I should keep dry food available at all time or give portion feeding. I know the latter is good but I am afraid he'll get hungry or sth since he's still a kitten and needs to develop and grow

cookiedough03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can feed your kitten as the vet prescribed and leave some dry food at night before you go to sleep. Some kittens are active at night and will be hungry. Free feeding may be bad. But if it's better to have kittens eat when they hungry than starve. Sometimes when they're hungry and there is no food around, they will eat random things like litter from the litter box, stones, paper etc.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today morning, he vomitted once again but am sure this time it's because he ate so fast. But after, he went back to his food multiple times and ate without vomiting.
His vet called and told me to give him 3 days and see. If the vomitting stops then that's we all want. If not, he might start a veterinarian diet for a month. But it's not a severe condition.
So, we fingers crossed. I hope my boy will get well soon.