Kitten Suddenly Has A Very Hoarse Sounding Meow?

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 11 week old kitten has really been through the ringer. Orphaned at 4/5 weeks, infested with fleas, giardia, and severe ringworm which we are still battling 4 weeks into treatment but now he sounds like he's losing his little voice! He is a very vocal kitten and today his meows sound raspy like he has laryngitis! I'm taking him to the vet Thursday for more shots and to see if the ringworm is completely gone so I will definitely ask the vet but has anyone experienced this? He's been in quarantine for a month so he hasn't had contact with any other cats. Could he still have caught a cold? Google is no help!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
This could be any one of several things, from straightforward overuse, to a cold, to tonsillitis...
Bless your heart for being there for this little guy!!
Let us know what the vet says :vibes::crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
This could be any one of several things, from straightforward overuse, to a cold, to tonsillitis...
Bless your heart for being there for this little guy!!
Let us know what the vet says :vibes::crossfingers:
I'm going to try to get him in today because now he isn't eating much and sounds like he has a wet cough! I have no idea how he could catch a cold in quarantine for weeks but he is sick. I'm so worried now!

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting! There's only one vet that takes walk ins where I live so the wait is usually 3 hours but I'll let you know when I finally get to see the dr!

Cbreeze86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did the vet visit go? I hope he's ok.
Well,they didn't know why he was becoming hoarse but they gave him some antibiotics just in case and he has to be quarantined for 3 more weeks which really sucks. He has been stuck in that room for almost 8 weeks. I feel so bad for him and hope all this doesn't impact his social skills negatively. Ringworm is a nightmare!