Kitten suddenly continuously shaking his head, one ear affected.

extacyme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today my kitten suddenly shaking his head, and scratching at one ear. It happened out of the blue. I can rule out ear mites and there is no debris or earwax in his ear that I can see. It was just suddenly out of no where. He has not been around water.

I called the vet they have an appointment for Monday. But I can’t stand to watch him shake his head while he’s awake. This started about four hours ago. And just now I realize that I is kind of watery now.

I can’t afford the emergency room so I don’t know what to do.
He’s been sleeping right after the onset. (probably because it’s bothering him) I laid with him and was massaging his ear and he liked it.
We just got up from our nap he ate a couple bites and same exact same thing happened. Now he’s sleeping again.

I did switch his cat food as of yesterday… He does not like it and really hasn’t been eating it too much. I know allergies are possible but I wouldn’t think it would only affect one ear…

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATE. As it hurts me to watch him and can’t do it all weekend. ):

Thank You

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If switching back to his old food doesn't fix it, I really don't think it's an emergency to wait until Monday to see your Vet. It may be an ear infection, but waiting another day or two shouldn't be critical.