Kitten Spay Infection

jaidynh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m fostering a kitten who I hadn’t realized had been spayed just the day before i brought her home - the rescue did not give me any e-collars, medicine, or really discuss any care for it. They essentially just said to make sure she doesn’t get too much exercise and that’s it. I was told probably two days ago that she had been spayed on the 1st.

The first picture was her incision on Sunday, 1 day after I brought her home. The next is from Thursday, and the last 4 were from last night/this morning (now day 9 since her surgery). I uploaded so many because they all kind of look a little different and it was a little more difficult getting pictures this morning. I’m waiting to hear back from the rescue because I’ve sent them all of this too, but can anyone make sense of what happened here?
Throughout the week she had small bursts of energy but really mostly just slept or cuddled with me/followed me around while I worked from home. I didn’t see her mess with the site until maybe Friday - I think she might’ve eaten the scab that was forming, and obviously she seems to have since been licking it. It wasn’t oozing or hot to me when I was checking during the week until now. There was a lump that appeared near the site I noticed on Sunday (2 days after surgery) but it’s been getting smaller throughout the week so I assumed it was part of normal swelling.

Can anyone make sense of what went wrong and how bad things are looking for the spay site?

I’m going to take her back in when they get back to me and we can arrange it, but in the meantime what should I know?

Attachments

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It doesnt look awful but I’d def take her in to be checked. Mine had an awful infection (looked way worse than that) from licking and playing too much. She got an injection and a few weeks in a little outfit to keep her away from the incision and she was good to go