Kitten spay incision infection?

Gulfi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! First time pet owner here! My kitten is 4 months old and she just went through her first heat cycle very early on, so I just got her spayed on the 21st. I'm worried she might be getting her site infected. The cone given by the vet didn't fit and her inflatable and recovery suit her still on the way :(
So I have been keeping her in my room and monitoring her 24/7. I even sleep on the floor w her so she wouldn't jump on the bed or desk, but the first-day post-op she started jumping on the bed, desk, and window and had cookies! I tried to calm her but come early morning she's back on it.

I'm attaching a few pics, please let me know if you all think it's infected or if it's doing okay. Just a paranoid pet mom :/

Thank you :)

Pictures in order:

Day of surgery - 51CFA93D-EEE0-400F-9151-B57AAA543E08.jpeg
Post-op Day 1 FC279857-4FC1-423C-A081-027881141AAE.jpeg
This morning, Post-op day 2 EA9729D7-14DB-4B10-9E54-BD4328F9868E.jpeg

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't look bad to me.
Do you feel the incision site warmer than the skin around it?

I am astonished at the size of the incision and the suture style.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gulfi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is the Suture size something so should be worried about?

It doesn't look bad to me.
Do you feel the incision site warmer than the skin around it?

I am astonished at the size of the incision and the suture style.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the Suture size something so should be worried about?
No, not at all, and sorry for alarming you.
It was just something I noticed, because every vet has their own technique, as I learned in my life with dozens of spayed females.

Does the incision site feel warmer than the rest? Does it seem that it's reddish?
How is your kitty? Is she eating and using her litter box fine?

Gulfi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gotcha! The incision site does feel a bit warm, but not super hot or anything. It’s slightly red, but I don’t see any pus oozing out of it either. Which I’m hoping is a good sign!

She’s eats just like her regular shelf, a bit more than usual tbh and has no problem using the litter box, however her feces are a bit more liquidy than normal.
She just have extreme ZOOMIES and does not stop trying to play and jumps everywhere. Idk if that’ll be a big factor to her incision?

Thank you for helping with my questions!

Gulfi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Updated photo for reference!
No, not at all, and sorry for alarming you.
It was just something I noticed, because every vet has their own technique, as I learned in my life with dozens of spayed females.

Does the incision site feel warmer than the rest? Does it seem that it's reddish?
How is your kitty? Is she eating and using her litter box fine?
Gotcha! The incision site does feel a bit warm, but not super hot or anything. It’s slightly red, but I don’t see any pus oozing out of it either. Which I’m hoping is a good sign!

She’s eats just like her regular shelf, a bit more than usual tbh and has no problem using the litter box, however her feces are a bit more liquidy than normal.
She just have extreme ZOOMIES and does not stop trying to play and jumps everywhere. Idk if that’ll be a big factor to her incision?

Thank you for helping with my questions!

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's much better, in my opinion. The incision does have a better and "healthier" look.
How have things been going in the last 5 days?