Kitten Prefers Grass Over Litter Box

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will need to be neutered if you are going to keep a female cat, and it will need to be before he is one year old.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try clay litter instead of crystals. I had a cat who refused to go in the box with crystals. And since she is under 12 weeks, you need to use a non-clumping litter.
Put her in the box, and move her front feet to show her how to 'bury'. She was raised outside and doesn't know how to be a cat yet. She needs to be taught.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds a bit like this vet is not great. Are there other clinics around.? Cats can be neutered at 6 - 14 weeks or 2 lbs (pediatric neuter/spay).

They must not have contact until this is done or you will have a huge problem. Your male cat isn't jealous, he's just responding to his hormones raging. He needs the snip soon as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muffym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know a good vet but it's gonna take some time to convince my parents to neuter him...It was really hard for them to recover after the previous cat's death.

I'm gonna keep her until she learns to use the litter box.
This is new to me, because all the kittens that I found on the street used the litter box immediately...
I'm visiting my friend tomorrow and she has a cat too, and I'm gonna ask her to give me a small bag of litter, cause the one that she uses it's different than mine.

Thank you all so much for your help!!! I will keep you updated.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your cat who died had a heart defect. That is not a normal experience, and I'm so sorry it happened.

You really do need to get it done soon, though, so you can allow the cats to interact. It's just not safe or productive otherwise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muffym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOD THIS IS HUUUUGE!
SHE FINALLY POOPED IN THE BOX.
Actually she pooped in both boxes...I am so proud.
I was starting to feel guilty for not letting her poop for so long but it finally paid off.