Kitten Personality

Waterlili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went to the local pound and there was two black kittens. One was very affectionate but was all claws. One was a bit more reserved but easy handle. The only with the claws had a weird growth in the middle of his head and was recommended not to adopt until they get it checked. I was tempted to adopt him but the growth and claws was making me hesitant. We have children so I ended up getting the gentle kitten. She’s awesome! Amazing with the kids and loves to play. The only thing is that she’s reserved when it comes to affection. She purrs like a champ and makes cookies but won’t initiate. She’ll come sit by my side and that’s it. She’ll accept pets and love but could take it or leave it. No head bunting or diving into my hand which is a first for cats for me. She’s only 10 weeks so I know her disposition can change or not. We’ve only had her for 2 days. Does it take a bit for them to warm up?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many kittens will not accept petting except when sleepy so doing good imho. She may become more attention seeking as she continues to gain confidence in the home.

Personally, my last kitten was a stalker, followed me everywhere, and as cute as that it, also a huge pain in the butt at times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Waterlili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My older cat slept under my neck and was a snuggler right off the bat but has become less and less as he’s gotten older but still comes for pets. Just wondering if it would be the opposite with a more independent kitten becoming more snuggly.

nazzurai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it may take time

My Cat is 12 years old now and he looks for every opportunity to sit on my lap (I don't mind because that means I don't need to do house chores! Lol)

Give it some time and show her love as much as you can

I'm sure she'll appreciate it and will deffo return the favor

This article comes to mind and I think will be a great read for you

How To Raise a Kitten To Be Cuddly - (Easy Steps You Can Follow)

Hope this helps :)