Kitten Pees In Bed With Me In It

Catmoms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 4 month old kitten who is otherwise happy and healthy, always cuddling and purring but recently she's been peeing on my bed, while I sleep! It started when I left for 2 days and had a friend come to cat sit. I thought she was just mad at me for leaving but the behavior continued. It's been just over a week, and it doesn't happen every night, more like every other/every two. I've been cleaning the litter box daily as well, but I'm going to give it a good scrub down today. Every other time she needs to pee she uses the litter box.
She's not fixed yet, and I also have a 3yr old cat so maybe she is marking her territory? (Though I thought only boys sprayed)

I'm just really worried that it's a medical issue and she's in pain or something... regardless I'll be taking her to the vet but I thought I'd hear some opinions of fellow cat owners first!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not medical but rather a habit she acquired. I would either shut her in a small room like a bathroom with a litterbox during the night or at least shut her out of your room totally for a while until she is consistently using the litterbox. You also need to use an enzyme based cleaning product on your bedding and mattress to make sure any smell from her accidents has been eliminated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is at the age where her hormones are starting to have long discussions with her, and I'll bet that is a part of it, but I really think that she is marking you as hers, and that it was your absence that triggered the behavior. I think that susanm9006 susanm9006 's advice might well work. The behavior is a habit, and you may break it that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmoms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys, I'm really glad you don't seem to think it's medical! I'll see how the next few days go with her sleeping on the couch instead, if that doesn't work I'll take her to the vet and give a little update for any future owners with this problem!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And that's why TCS works as well as it does! We read, we learn, we pass it on with love and caring!

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why not take her to the vet? My kitten was peeing outside her box and it was a urinary tract infection.

The vet visit and medicine was less than a hundred bucks