Kitten Meowing When I Touch Mouth/jaw

N0BODY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6 month old kitten that has been acting a little off since this morning. She's been less playful. Sitting and sleeping more than usual. I offered her food in the morning and she wasn't really interested in eating it. I offered it about an hour later and then she did eat. A few hours later, I saw her sitting again and noticed a small amount of saliva at the end of her mouth and when I touched her mouth/underneath her jaw she started meowing as if I was causing her discomfort. I tried pressing other areas of her body and she didn't react. Only when I touch her mouth area she meows and tries to move away. Any idea what might be going on?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take her to the vet as early as you can and have them examine her mouth under anesthesia. It’s the only way to truly know what’s going on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since she is six months old, she may be having teething pain, but it is a bit unusual to be that severe. I'm with daftcat75 daftcat75 . Have your vet take a look at her mouth, just to make sure she doesn't have anything else going on.