Kitten illustration project.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy New Year everybody!

After the crazy Christmas period where I had to focus on marketing and sales :/ I'm finally back with the newest addition to the Cat-a-Clysm collection. ^^

This time it's a Devon rex, which I found really difficult to draw since I didn' want to draw a full frontal face and alll the 3/4 references looked as if the cat was angry. Besides, with the Devon Red Ifind there are like a lot of different variations for the same breed (or maybe I'm just wrong and Iused the wrong ones).

Anyway, here it is:

Hope you like it. ^^

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

atest addition to the collection, the Exotic Shorthair kitten. 
Now that I see the old post about the British Shorthair, I wonder if I should have drawn it in a different colour. It´s always really hard for me to decide which coat to choose.
Anyway, here it is.

And the more I look at the Devon Rex, the more I think I´ll do a second version of it. I think I chose the wrong references for it.

Well, hope you like it.

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was about time I came back with a new addition to the Cat-a-clysm collection. Finally, the Turkish Angora kitten is here.

Extracted from the Wikipedia: 

Like all domestic cats, Turkish Angoras descended from the African wildcat (Felis silvestris lybica). The Fertile Crescent was a place where cats were first domesticated. Cats from eastern mountainous regions of early Anatolia and through inbreeding and natural selection, developed into longhaired breeds like the Turkish Van and the Turkish Angora.

Longhaired cats were imported to Britain and France from Asia Minor, Persia and Russia as early as the late 16th century, though there are indications that they appeared in Europe as early as the 14th century due to the Crusades[citation needed] . The Turkish Angora was used, almost to the point of extinction, to improve the coat on the Persian. The Turkish Angora was recognized as a distinct breed in Europe by the 17th century.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your illustrations are awesome. Really great artwork...you've found a nice balance between realism and playful, stylized representations.

If you make a portrait of an American shorthair or a tabby, I'd like to nominate my Buddy, aka Bud, aka Little Buddy, aka Wubba Dubba, aka His Royal Highness Sir Buddington, Protector of the Realm and High Swatter of Insects:

View media item 215679

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, after a long while and, since we´re getting closer to Halloween, a scarier angry kitten was due.

So today I bring you the Oriental Shorthair, with a nice description taken from the Wikipedia:

The Oriental Shorthair  is a breed  of domestic cat  that is closely related to the Siamese.

It maintains the modern Siamese head and body type but appears in a wide range of coat colors and patterns. Like the Siamese, Orientals have almond-shaped eyes, a triangular head shape, large ears, and an elongated, slender, and muscular body.

Their personalities are also very similar. Orientals are social, intelligent, and many are rather vocal. They often remain playful into adulthood, with many enjoying playing fetch. Despite their slender appearance, they are athletic and can leap into high places. They prefer to live in pairs or groups and also seek human interaction. Unlike the breed's blue-eyed forebear, Orientals are usually green-eyed.    The Oriental Longhair  differs only with respect to coat length.

snowpawprint

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i love your drawings!

i have a egyptian mau... you could try drawing one of those!